Do you plan to chip your Wii?

Do you plan to chip your Wii?

• Yes, with Wiinja

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, with a quick-solder solution (Cyclowiz/Wiikey)

• Eventually, just not with the current chips/method

• Aurgh, my Wii has a D2B chip! *Cries*

• No I don't plan to ever chip it

• I don't even have a Wii!

• Total voters

Teun

Trophies
Website
www.spore-net.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm waiting for a region-free thing without soldering..
tongue.gif

If that will ever happen.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna wait until there's more chips around, more choice = better options.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
An update to the Cyclowiz would probably solve the whole region thing, probably just something they haven't figured how to get round right?

basilb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
im waiting for a chip/whatever bypass method to run wii homebrew. i'm not really bothered if it'll be able to play dumps.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for "eventually"

They'll work out a better chip eventually like they did with the Slot 1 DS carts.
Though aparently its gonna be alot sooner for better modchips to come out.

I mainly want Homebrew code more than anything else.
Playing backups and imports isnt too nessecary though is a nice plus.

Also any nice features like an options menu for the chip and a pro action replay menu maybe. Once homebrew for wii gets here.

Might be a year or two till the good ones come, but eh, Its worth the wait.

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really wanna do it, but believe it or not, mainly for Gamecube games(and the odd Wii game that I would never buy anyway but I would like to try never the less).
I never modded my cube, it was somehow complicated with the case changing or the small sized DVD's and the octagonal screw do deal with!

I bought a Max Drive Pro, and have over 100 GCN backups. I couldn't be arsed to change the case at a cost of $30 (CAN) plus the GameBit, when the Max Drive was only $40. Mini DVD-R's are cheap where I live, so no biggie.

I think I'm on board with everyone else. I just want my Wii to be region free, and maybe play the odd game that I wouldn't even bring myself to rent like Red Steel or Far Cry. I'd much rather go with a SoftMod or Freeloader type solution. Maybe even streaming from USB HDD, but if those aren't options within a few months, I'll be going with the WiiKey.

Even though I'm a big ROM freak and have over 500 Console ISO's burned, I feel a need to support Wii software, and plan to buy as many games as I can afford. It's funny, because I've bought over 20 Virtual Console games, and have the ROMs sitting on my XBOX right next to my Wii.
I respect that and I personally feel its my duty to do the same and support Nintendo and their NEW generation Software!
biggrin.gif

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanna do it, but believe it or not, mainly for Gamecube games(and the odd Wii game that I would never buy anyway but I would like to try never the less).
I never modded my cube, it was somehow complicated with the case changing or the small sized DVD's and the octagonal screw do deal with!

I bought a Max Drive Pro, and have over 100 GCN backups. I couldn't be arsed to change the case at a cost of $30 (CAN) plus the GameBit, when the Max Drive was only $40. Mini DVD-R's are cheap where I live, so no biggie.

I think I'm on board with everyone else. I just want my Wii to be region free, and maybe play the odd game that I wouldn't even bring myself to rent like Red Steel or Far Cry. I'd much rather go with a SoftMod or Freeloader type solution. Maybe even streaming from USB HDD, but if those aren't options within a few months, I'll be going with the WiiKey.

Even though I'm a big ROM freak and have over 500 Console ISO's burned, I feel a need to support Wii software, and plan to buy as many games as I can afford. It's funny, because I've bought over 20 Virtual Console games, and have the ROMs sitting on my XBOX right next to my Wii.
I respect that and I personally feel its my duty to do the same and support Nintendo and their NEW generation Software!
biggrin.gif

Im with you guys.

Im not sure if its my love for Nintendo, or my love for certain games.

I bought 4 versions of LTTP already (USA/JAP SFC release, GBA release, VC Release) but I still have it on my XBOX and PSP. Now just give me Earthbound...

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have most of the wii games on original in the uk, but maybe if a chip comes out that lets me play games from other regions, then i may get it chipped, but most of the time once you get it chipped i find that you very rarely play the games for more than a few hours before you download the next game and start playing that one
frown.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll chip my wii when there's a region free and homebrew chip. Region free because I have a hard time finding (U) ROMs that are properly seeded by people without an "anti-bitcomet" client. And even then, alot of the DS homebrew has me begging for more, and ATM Wii does not have alot of things i wish it did (DVD Playback, misc video file playback (mkv,ogm), and some kick ass homebrew games (Like Eurotunnel, IM SO ADDICTED)))

Bali

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I'll just wait until the Final days of the wii and see what's left. That or just buy 2 Wii's. One for keeping clean, and the other for modding until the wheels come off...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1