BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a native english speaker and I will never be able to speak like everyone else. Reason: People keep making up retarded slang to use.
frown.gif

I speak a bit of Chinese but I'm terrible at it and can't really form sentences well.

See above ^ and change it to Japanese to see how well I speak that. Well not as terrible.
tongue.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dutch is quite an easy language, but the only problem is that every year, the spelling of a bunch of words changes, so I never really know how to spell some of them
dry.gif
I think my English is quite good I guess, my French too, my Japanese could be better, but I know the basics. I know some German, Spanish and Italian, but just the very basic stuff, like Hello, How are you, etc.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shinryuji said:
zeromac said:
Im pretty sure it was Der was male, Das was Female and Die was like a plural form
Nah, Die is female. It's the only bit of German that I actually remember.

der is male, die is female and plural, das isn't a defined gender in the most cases:.

french is my native language, but abandoned it nearly completely, making proper sentences is vey difficult to me:.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
blackdragonbahamut said:
Shinryuji said:
zeromac said:
Im pretty sure it was Der was male, Das was Female and Die was like a plural form
Nah, Die is female. It's the only bit of German that I actually remember.

der is male, die is female and plural, das isn't a defined gender in the most cases:.

french is my native language, but abandoned it nearly completely, making proper sentences is vey difficult to me:.

Yeah, the articles are like that. Really stupid, I just can't learn those articles, I always forget them...

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well the point is not really if someone is able to make understandable sentences or understands other people,

its about the correct use of the langauge.

Like some people sayed the language changes but the changes are mostly slang and not officially allowed to use.
And those words mostly come to use when people forgot about the correct words to use or just don't want to use them.

Well ok for english which most people here speak its not THAT hard to do everything correct, english is not wihtout a reason saied to be the easyest language but still there is more than enough room to make mistakes.

well if you know it once how to use the "Artikel" correctly you will hardly ever forget it.
but there are other things like when we want to say "its your fault" most people say "wegen dir" even thaught its completely nonsens but everyone knows what its supposed to mean ... before i read that book i never knew it was no correct german oO

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youkai, speaking English properly, like a native, but with a good sense of the language (some people with english as their mother tongue, and their only tongue, cannot use it properly at all) is incredibly difficult. There are loads of rules of spelling and grammar for the language, and every single one has a phrase, or five, that breaks the rule. Having a true grasp on the language means getting all the subtleties and knowing which phrase break rules in the majority of cases. If you can speak english precisely, then you can express yourself in incredible ways.
The problem I always have is with apostrophies. I can understand contraction like they're or it's, but I get confused when you have a word or name like 'James'. The posessive would be James', but the plural always confuses me. Would it be Jameses, or James' and the posessive being James's? It's bloody confusing.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in German when there is an s in the end of the name you do not use another s so for you example James is James ...

interesting to see is that on many shops nowadays they write the last s with 's which is wrong cuz there has to be no '

Well i believe that its not that easy to speak perfekt english but still english is sayed to be the easyest language ...

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I should have probably clarified, English is NOT an easy language to learn. It's up there with Chinese as being one of the hardest, however, the easiest in itself is not something you can say so simply. According to various studies, the easiest language for an english speaker to learn is Spanish/Portugese, followed by the Germanic languages, like Dutch. However German is a bit more difficult for us.

As i stated ealrier, perhaps not incredibly clearly, is English is a tricksy language. It trips you up frequently, even for a native speaker. The most common mistake that people seem to make though, is the 'there, their, they're' mix-up. All three of them pronounced the same, but with completely different meanings, but it's particularly difficult because one is third-person grouped plural (which happens in few, if not no other languages). The majority of languages just use 'you' as a general reply for third person groups, while English has the term 'them, they, their, they're, theirs etc...'. It also has one of the largest word pools in comparison with other languages, experts estimate that there are over eight hundered thousand words in the english language - If you count all the senses. The average person my age, eighteen, uses between sixteen and twenty thousand of them. English is an awesome language, but SO complex.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Youkai said:
in German when there is an s in the end of the name you do not use another s so for you example James is James ...

interesting to see is that on many shops nowadays they write the last s with 's which is wrong cuz there has to be no '

Well i believe that its not that easy to speak perfekt english but still english is sayed to be the easyest language ...
Thats actually wrong, its the hardest language to learn

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
zeromac said:
Youkai said:

The irony is that it's spelt "easiest".

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zeromac said:
Youkai said:

I thought English was one of the easiest languages, and Arabian, Chinese, Japanese and Dutch were hardest. (Arabian, Chinese and Japanese because of their distinct "alfabets" and Dutch because of all its stupid rules.)

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
zeromac said:
Youkai said:

I thought English was one of the easiest languages, and Arabian, Chinese, Japanese and Dutch were hardest. (Arabian, Chinese and Japanese because of their distinct "alfabets" and Dutch because of all its stupid rules.)

That's just what I thought...
But don't forget that we learn english when we're young, which makes it easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1