• Total voters

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I AM a parent.

I like to think I'm cool. But I'm not afraid to occasionally remind my son I'm the one in charge.

If I don't get listened to, it gets immediately expensive (not much you can do in today's world when the electricity is removed from your bedroom).

He can do anything I do. That's actually fairly generous. I don't have a beef with how he uses his computer so long as it doesn't blow up in either of our faces. I EXPECT him to use his brains eh.

He has so little interest in cash, that if he spends more than the monthly WoW fee and his share of the internet bill its strange.
He doesn't get an allowance, and frankly doesn't likely care. Doesn't care for console games. Does everything on his PC and thanks to being my kid can get anything the net can provide from a well managed newsgroup.

He has chores, not much into doing them promptly
smile.gif
Typical teen. His room likely looks like yours too.
He's made to clean it about once a week, and understands no isn't an option.
Again, see repercussion from not listening
smile.gif

He doesn't smoke (too smart I suppose)
Doesn't drink (too young ya realize), but doesn't even like pop actually.
So it's not like I have much to bitch at him for.

I do have one policy though that I think he appreciates. The rules in the house apply to all. There ain't any kid version rules and parent version rules. The rules are the rules.

He starts High school this year though, and I made it clear to him, this is his last summer as a kid. Sept he starts being made to act his age. And he will be held more accountable.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 15 and I don't act like an idiot and do stupid thing that a lot of kids I know do (i.e. drink, smoke, etc.) so my parents are pretty cool. I am a very fastidious and compulsive person so I ALWAYS keep my stuff neat and tidy, disorganization is absolutely NOT an option. But there are some things that I do that my parents know about... Such as the way I "obtain" my music and other means of entertainment.

But they are strict about my grades. When I get a B or worse my dad freaks out and gives me the speech. It's usually the same thing; "Jeff, with this CRAP you aren't going to end up at South Carolina State (this college has the lowest requirements ever, a 7 year old could get in) and your gonna be flippin' burgers at McDonald's for the rest of your life." He also claim that he's the only one that cares about my future. I try to make A's but, I don't know, I just don't.

Regardless, I am thankful that I have parents that are strict. Many kids I know have crappy parents and they screw up their lives by doing drugs and drinking. It's just such a damn shame, I am very lucky to have such a old and wise father (he's 67).

chichi_whatah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I find as I get older I understand my parents a lot more. Before, I guess I was the typical a-holey teenager.

My parents were hella strict though- I mean like, 10:30 sleep times (for a 16 year old?!), no curfew because basically I wasn't allowed out, had to have permission to use anything- tv, games, computer, you name it. No wonder I would scream and shout all the time.

Eventually though, things had to explode- especially since I took the year off after graduating (my parents took this as near as close to suicide...Asian parent style).

I don't think I ever grew up to what they expected at ALL, but they're pretty resigned to it. And honestly, once they figured out that I wasn't the type to smoke it up, come home piss drunk, or pregnant, they didn't object anymore- and as a result, we actually talk normally now.

But yeah, strict parents are a pain and a half- I've been there- but now that I'm older I understand why they did it.

Not for everything, though, mind you.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Raiyu245 said:
Yep. They are. I have $1000+ and my mom won't let me spend it on anything unless its educational even though its my money. On top of that, she nags. My dad is cool though.

Same with me. I have 600 dollars, and my parents refuse to let me spend any of it, no matter how small the cost.

Its all good now. I'm getting a custom built laptop
tongue.gif

Six said:
QUOTE(Link5084 @ Aug 17 2008, 06:53 PM)
Yes, my parents are strict. They always take away my stuff if I'm not doing good in school and stuff

OMG your parents are like mine... i really dont try in school cuase of that... lolz
Awkward...same thing happened to me
ohmy.gif
But I straightened up after Freshmen year. Now I don't get stuff taken away.

OrcMonkey©

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm ten
and I feel my parents are strict but
I feel a little diffrent wheN i READ your posts
p.s I have anger ishues
and my dad always letting my sister play with her friends while i do all the chores
well her friends just came
and when I ask him why he says stop talking back
I mean what the fuck
but yeah I kinda agree with what you gise said even I dont get it

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was only ever grounded 3 times when i was living at home, first time was for swearing when i was 8, second time was for nearly burning down the house (was playing with matches) i was old enough to know better but im a pyro
tongue.gif
and 3) was for smoking when i was 15

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)