Hacking Do PS1 romhacks not work on a modded PSP?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,588
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
I just bought a modded PSP-E1004 off Etsy with the intention of playing romhacks without needing to sit in front of a computer/laptop, deal with controller detection/configuration issues, and generally to have a retro gaming solution that JUST WORKS. However, I haven't been able to get a single romhack-patched, EDC/ECC-corrected, PS1 Eboot to work. I tried Azure Dreams randomized, and Grandia Redux: neither works.

I am using Pops Converter version 1.6, which I downloaded from this very site (can't post links because I lack enough moderation points).

My work order is as such:
1. Patch disc image with PPF-O-Matic v3.0
2. Run a program to correct EDC/ECC on the patched disc image.
3. Run Pops Converter to convert it to an eboot.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible to play PS1 romhacks on a PSP?

edit

After testing a bit, apparently none of the eboots I made from unmodified, perfectly normal PS1 disc images work on a modded PSP.

Does anyone know how eboots are made from PS1 disc images? Is there source code anywhere, or specifications?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Haven't used my PSP in years but I always used to use PSX2PSP, worked every time. Don't know if anything better has been made since
That works, thank you.

I see that it includes source code for Popstation, very nice.

edit

How do I make it display a text title on the PS1 Eboot load screen? I don't care about images, I just want to know what I'm choosing.

Nevermind, I was mistaken.

edit

I just edit the icon and background pics I made of the correct sizes. Black text on white background, pretty easy.

Plays Alternate Fantasy (FF9 hack), DeltaInferno's Saga Frontier hack, Castlevania SOTN Quality/Hardtype hacks, Grandia Redux, and Azure Dreams Randomized just fine.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)