1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I just bought a modded PSP-E1004 off Etsy with the intention of playing romhacks without needing to sit in front of a computer/laptop, deal with controller detection/configuration issues, and generally to have a retro gaming solution that JUST WORKS. However, I haven't been able to get a single romhack-patched, EDC/ECC-corrected, PS1 Eboot to work. I tried Azure Dreams randomized, and Grandia Redux: neither works.

I am using Pops Converter version 1.6, which I downloaded from this very site (can't post links because I lack enough moderation points).

My work order is as such:
    1. Patch disc image with PPF-O-Matic v3.0
    2. Run a program to correct EDC/ECC on the patched disc image.
    3. Run Pops Converter to convert it to an eboot.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible to play PS1 romhacks on a PSP?

edit

After testing a bit, apparently none of the eboots I made from unmodified, perfectly normal PS1 disc images work on a modded PSP.

Does anyone know how eboots are made from PS1 disc images? Is there source code anywhere, or specifications?

Last edited Aug 15, 2020
  2. GentlemanPotato

GentlemanPotato Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Haven't used my PSP in years but I always used to use PSX2PSP, worked every time. Don't know if anything better has been made since

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

That works, thank you.

I see that it includes source code for Popstation, very nice.

edit

How do I make it display a text title on the PS1 Eboot load screen? I don't care about images, I just want to know what I'm choosing.

Nevermind, I was mistaken.

edit

I just edit the icon and background pics I made of the correct sizes. Black text on white background, pretty easy.

Plays Alternate Fantasy (FF9 hack), DeltaInferno's Saga Frontier hack, Castlevania SOTN Quality/Hardtype hacks, Grandia Redux, and Azure Dreams Randomized just fine.

Last edited Aug 23, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - romhacks, modded,