Gaming Do not buy a POKEMON RPG GAME

Wekker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
few month ago i brought pokemon diamond, i played it and i do have enjoyed. but it merely a update of the previous version.
the moment i beat the elite four, i knew there were nothing left to be done after that. ( this is for people who played all the other version too)
i hate to have a game that is just a update of the previous version, just like the dynasty warriors of KOEI
the graphic of pokemon red was for THEIR time OK, but the current graphic of pokemon diamond is just not good.
i thought the battle animation would be bit more like the pokemon stadium. but no it still the cheap battle animation ( nintendo director: could you make a bit more realtime battles; nintendo sprite maker: you dont pay me enough for it; nintendo director: oO, tss thats too bad for the consumers )
i have played red, yellow, silver, ruby, firered, leafgreen, diamond, pearl
Brought; silver, firered, leafgreen, diamond, pearl
and i shouldnt brought the diamond nor pearl... nor the firered or leafgreen.
just for a little bit graphic fix isnt my $50 worthy.

nintendo is cashing on pokemon, so rather we all stop buying pokemon game and wait for couple of ten years, and hope than nintendo do have release a another pokemon game instead of " Pokemon BLABLA " = pokemon red update patch 1.46
the forth pokemon game of nintendo would be made this way:
Nintendo Director: "add another 100+ pokemon, add/rework some pokemon moves, add some graphic fix, add more pokemons only obtainable trough nintendo japan event, new pokemon game is done.

imho, the 1st generation of the most game are the best, the 2nd generation are most of time a real 2nd generation
while the 3 generation are often a bit more than a new patch of the 2nd generation game. ( the lack of creative and the thirst for cashing )

OK all go boycotting Pokemon RPG games!!!

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I myself lost interest in Diamond. Lost motivation to continue, it is as you pointed out 'done this $*** before'

If nintendo was to announce a new Pokemon game for DS and looks & play like D/P then I will not bother touching it, I am tired of this formula.

Like you Wekker, I have also played and owned every games but will think twice next time.

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
Wekker, you mean to say that these games in a series are similar?

Quick, lets boycott them because they're what they claim to be on the box - another game in the Pokemon series.

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alot of people like the repeating formula, then. Cause the sales for the Pokemon series is huge.
And they did add things that make it different from the past games. Wifi, for example, unless you can't connect to your internets.

Venko's right, btw.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Telling GBATempers to not buy any game is kind of like preaching to the choir.
wink.gif

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
The TC makes a compelling point to me. I have definitely been a fan of Pokemon games for many years, and the series has always been plagued by a lack of innovation. Each year, the underlying story and battle mechanics are blatantly ripped from the older games, coated with a new coat of paint, and masqueraded off as 'an exciting new entry in the series'.

I have been disappointed in the single-player modes of RSE and DP, the quality of the games are really made worse with each recycling. I do, however, enjoy the multi-player aspect, which has been what kept me playing the games all this time.

Even if people prefer the tried and true Pokemon formula, I think the graphics and battle interface could certainly use an overhaul. The battle system looks like something which belongs to old RPGs. Heck, some of the older RPGs even look nicer than that. The Pokemon battle system is more text-based than graphic-based.

However, I think that the Pokemon series is going on the right track by releasing games like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon. I really enjoyed both of those games. They were welcome breaks from the RPG series.

TL;DR: The Pokemon RPG series could use an innovation or two.

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iv been a fan since the very first pokemon episode and have bought evry single pokemon game going. it is true nintendo are cashing in on the franchise, but why change the formula that has kept it so popular for so long? and as for the extra pokemon, why do you think kept the catchphrase the same.

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

crying out loud its not rocket science. im now 16 and still enjoy the series, i do agree that the graphics could do with an overhaul and could be something like phantom hourglass with DQMJ battle graphics, but i think that might spoil it for some people who dont care about graphics and just want to play pokemon.

also for some people such as me, just the thrill of playing in a new region, go exploring in caves just to find that last repel that has taken them ages to find, that is what keeps me buying these games and will for however long they keep it going.

LONG LIVE POKEMON!

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon's been around for what, 12 years or so now?

The game is a great spin on the traditional RPG, which doesnt really happen anymore. It offers a customizable strategy-laced battle fest, with a selection of over 400 different characters to chose from. With Diamond & Pearl, that fight is now online as well. HUGE step forward for the game.

Not to mention trading the pokemans online make "catching them all" far less painful.

Yes, diamond & pearl are the same basic game as pokemon red & blue, but with a 3d world (regardless of the view, that was a welcome upgrade) and fantastic online features that greatly expand pokemons multiplayer focus.

If you want real time battles, then pokemon isnt for you. Try out smash brothers, or one of the offshoots, like mystery dungeon or ranger.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Buy? What's this BUY, you speak of? Some sort of Piracy???

Jk, but seriously though, I agree with OP. I've played every single pokemon so far, and it feels too similar. I lost my motivation to continue after I've deat the elite four. It got boring, and I never touched it for about 4 monthes. Next time, I'll probably not buy the next one.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the warning!
grog.gif

Buying Pokemon Diamond was on my list of things to do this weekend, now I'll have more free time.

I hope you'll start another thread about whether or not I should wipe my ass.
rolleyes.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you bring personal opinions into the internet, try not to act like you're the only one correct. Pokemon games are there to get money from kids and stuff. BUT it's still a good game. Most RPGs are like this. Just change the names and characters and all of a sudden it's a new game. Regardless

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm... i personally wouldn't like a long 3D animation scene, the current ones(or so called "cheap") are fine, even with those i get impatient and just turn off animation. But i later turn them on because i enjoy them.
smile.gif
Am I the only one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?