Hacking Do I need to start a fresh mod of my system?

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other day my Switch, which ran Atmosphere on 12.0.1 just stopped working. All of my homebrew does not work (games did)

I tried changing the atmosphere files and stuff to fresh new ones and now I literally cannot boot the system , when I inject the payload, I get a black fatal error screen

I feel like I need to do a fresh hack or build an entirely new SD card. What is the best way to do this, hoping I am not SOL since I can’t actually boot the switch to do anything now.

I’m happy to provide any info that I can to gove a better picture of what the sd card looks like, or whatever else. The error message looks like this….

A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere.
Program ID: 0100000000000000008
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)
Report send to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_0000000071d0855.bin

press POWER to reboot

A reboot leads to the same error report

Any help on what to do about this is hugely appreciated, thank you

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I did a third fresh install of the atmosphere files. Now it’s back to where it was previously, all games works just no apps (Tinfoil, Goldleaf, Retroarch, hbappstore, choidujournx etc)

Any tips on locating the folder that got corrupted or messed up? Or what other methods are there to attempt to fix this?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The homebrew apps are located in the \switch folder on the SD card. Are you able to launch the Homebrew menu and see the apps?
Is the SD card formated as FAT32 (recommended) or ExFAT?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I did a third fresh install of the atmosphere files. Now it’s back to where it was previously, all games works just no apps (Tinfoil, Goldleaf, Retroarch, hbappstore, choidujournx etc)

Any tips on locating the folder that got corrupted or messed up? Or what other methods are there to attempt to fix this?
Have you tried using the archive bit fix via Hekate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-