Do I need to play the previous Shin Megami Tensei Games to get a good understanding of the new upcoming Shin Megami Tensei game?

WaffleRaccoon

Breakcore Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a fan of the Persona series and I've heard that a new Shin Megami Tensei game is coming out. I've only played the Persona games, would they count as Shin Megami Tensei Games? Also, do I need to play the previous Shin Megami Tensei games to get a good understanding of the game?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so like you probably Know first Persona game was named Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

so its a spinoff and similar to persona but different....play atleast one SMT Game. You dont need to play all

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some friend of mine says this

Shin Megami Tensei=The most difficult rpg in any series of Shin Megami,,many times you can throw your controller and shout bad words when you get super defeated %&%$#

Persona series=The lighter easy games rpg into series and for casual noobs.

In my opinion i only experience the Shin Megami Tensei series and im agreed with my friend with his stament

I never play any Persona series so i cant give a former opinion.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I played Persona 4, Persona 3, then SMT 4, then SMT 1. Nothing felt out of order. Persona kind of has a vague timeline, but SMT really doesn't. SMT 4 and 4: Apocalypse both have the same continuity, but the others like 3 or V don't seem to at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a