Do I need Hourglass?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by donneee, Dec 26, 2016.

1. donneee
    OP

donneee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    I've been wondering this for months now. I hacked my 3ds in feb and haven't looked back since. I have the most up to date luma and a9lh.bin as well. Everything is working as it should.

Do I need to update to hourglass? d9 is working perfectly. I understand hourglass is updated. unsure if decrypt9 is still being updated.

Would I run into any problems if i attempted a dsi-ware hax without hourglass?

What does hourglass even do for me?

If I do need hourglass, I couldn't for the life of me find the guide to update it from the first rendition of the paliact guide. I checked Aurora Wrights github a while back and i thought it had information to update from decrypt9 to hourglass, but not anymore?

forgive me if i'm not seeing what's there in the most obvious of places, as since my 3ds is working perfectly fine i haven't really bothered to check that deep on how/why i'd need to update.

The bolded and italicized question is really my biggest concern. I will be waiting for cc3c to see if there's an 11.2 downgrade coming, but well.. just in case there isn't dsi-ware with a future game is my only non-hardmod hope (of which i can probably do myself). I just don't wanna risk scrapping off a diode on accident if i can avoid it lol

2. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    hourglass is just decrypt9 with less features

3. donneee
    OP

donneee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    sweet ty for the quick reply!

4. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I recommend to do a monthly NAND backup and a monthly backup of your SD card, in case anything ever goes wrong.

5. donneee
    OP

donneee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    United States
    true. i should. i haven't had the need to ever think about this until a friend ask me to see if i can downgrade his 11.2 n3ds for him. i'm was just worried if i don't have everything updated to the latest configurations from the current 3ds.guide site, i might mess my own 3ds up during a dsiwarehax downgrade. i'll be backing up my own nand and sd card if i decide that what ever comes from cc3c is too much of a hassle vs dsiware/hardmod