Hardware Do i need both 3DS's at the same time to do a system transfer

gogas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i was thinking of buying a 3DS XL and selling my regular 3DS so i was wondering do i need both at the same time do the system transfer or can i just go ahed and sell my regular 3DS now and get my XL later? (my guess is you can't).
I have never transfered from one system to another and i wasn't able of finding my answer online

Thanks in advance

Edit:This just came to me but is it possible to backup the emunand of my regular 3DS and restore on the XL would that have the same practical effects?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi i was thinking of buying a 3DS XL and selling my regular 3DS so i was wondering do i need both at the same time do the system transfer or can i just go ahed and sell my regular 3DS now and get my XL later? (my guess is you can't).
I have never transfered from one system to another and i wasn't able of finding my answer online

Thanks in advance

Edit:This just came to me but is it possible to backup the emunand of my regular 3DS and restore on the XL would that have the same practical effects?
The emuNAND from one 3DS will not work on another, due to encryption.

Reactions: gogas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1