Hacking Do I have to delete the /tai: folder each time to play vita games?

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should ONLY have a tai folder on ur0, every guide I've seen reiterates that fact. The only time I ever had config issues was when I'd accidently created a ux0 tai folder by allowing a plugin to install to the wrong location.
As for starting over, it would simply be a case of doing what @ATestOfPatience suggested; run Autoplugin and install what you need on ur0.

Okay so - Based on what I have atm which is a bunch of plug ins located inside the UR0: tai folder(including the config.TXT) - All I need to do is wipe out every single plug in, delete every single code line associated with the the plugs ins like this ...

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/usbmc.skprx

# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx

*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string

*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

*ALL

and run autoplug in and add back the plugs in I want?

But I problably should not get rid of the usbmc.skprx, correct?

Last edited by dragonz,

ATestOfPatience

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tai in ux0 runs first, but you don't want it. Honestly just delete tai in ux0 and ignore it!

I don't understand why you're constantly deleting tai in ux0. What is causing this folder to be created every time? What are you doing to create this folder?

You can use tai in ux0, but if your memory card/SD card goes bad, you'll need to start from scratch anyway.

You probably can't play Vita games because it's loading the ux0 tai folder whilst nonpdrm is in ur0 - only one tai folder is loaded at once, so two folders is causing confusion.

Seems like you're getting stressed out and subsequently going nowhere with your current situation. Redoing all this is honestly your fastest and most reliable way forward. We haven't even gone into if any of the plugins you transferred are corrupted due to download or transfer issues.

Reactions: dragonz

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tai in ux0 runs first, but you don't want it. Honestly just delete tai in ux0 and ignore it!

I don't understand why you're constantly deleting tai in ux0. What is causing this folder to be created every time? What are you doing to create this folder?

You can use tai in ux0, but if your memory card/SD card goes bad, you'll need to start from scratch anyway.

You probably can't play Vita games because it's loading the ux0 tai folder whilst nonpdrm is in ur0 - only one tai folder is loaded at once, so two folders is causing confusion.

Seems like you're getting stressed out and subsequently going nowhere with your current situation. Redoing all this is honestly your fastest and most reliable way forward. We haven't even gone into if any of the plugins you transferred are corrupted due to download or transfer issues.

This is intense. Alright, what do you think about my plan in the first post of the second page of this thread?

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well usbmc is for USB storage via the USB slot on a PSTV, or the PSVSD adapter (but like Storagemgr is better at that).

Sorry I was talking about the steps to re-install everything in the first post of page 2.
But noted: I should use Storagemgr instead of usbmc going forward, because it's better and it could be why I'm having issues?

EDIT: So to clarify , I'm using a PSTV with a 128G USB attached to a usb hub with 3 slots that connects to the back of the PSTV.

EDIT:2 Hey guys - I'm installing Storagemgr to replace the old usbmc - It comes with a config.txt file

with these options

MCD=uma0

INT=imc0

GCD=ux0

UMA=grw0

How do I configure it to go from my USB to UX0?

I see the guide says to add : =<mount_point> line

so would it be like this? UMA=ux0 : =<mount_point> line

But that configuration is not even in the .txt file it came with.

Last edited by dragonz,

ATestOfPatience

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Set up information is on the GitHub. You want this in your config:

UMA=ux0
MCD=uma0

Ignore INT and GCD unless you're going to use SD2VITA (and I'm just ignoring the 1GB internal because it's useless, but if you want to use it then add a mount point for it). Just remove those two from the text file.

Also has the USB hub always worked? Because the Vita USB shot doesn't supply the most amount of power, and I'm not even sure how it handles hubs.

Last edited by ATestOfPatience,
Reactions: dragonz

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set up information is on the GitHub. You want this in your config:

UMA=ux0
MCD=uma0

Ignore INT and GCD unless you're going to use SD2VITA (and I'm just ignoring the 1GB internal because it's useless, but if you want to use it then add a mount point for it). Just remove those two from the text file.

Also has the USB hub always worked? Because the Vita USB shot doesn't supply the most amount of power, and I'm not even sure how it handles hubs.
Yeah my usb 3 hub little square I bought from amazon works, part of the reason why I bought it was so that I didn't have to disconnect my usb thumb drive whenever I wanted to sync both of my DS4 controllers.

Ill try the config later and post back.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol all I get is a black screen now.
was deleting the usbmc.spkrx and the line in the config.txt enough or was I suppose to uninstall it a different way?

Edit: Sorry about double post, todays not my day.

Last edited by dragonz,

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black screen when doing what?

Never mind the black screen. Okay so I manged to install storagemgr now I see ux0 in shell but it shows as only 1.05 GB not as 128 Gig. And of course all my games roms, and previous emulator bubbles are no longer there.

It's like my vita went back to when I was first hacked it years ago...I can see my old h encore and enso bubbles it's strange.

If I go to vita shell and press triangle it says the following:

Refresh livearea
refresh lincense database

and

Mount uma0:
Mount imc0:

*sighs*

EDIT:

So anyways - LOLicon never even loaded so- for some miracle I was able to get the PSVITA games to play and LOLicon to work but for whatever reason
the adrenaline double click glitch is still there... but hey I'm happy and great-full for all your help guys.

If anyone ever has the same issue I had here is the set up I used (AND YES I HAD TO KEEP the configt.txt file in both ur0: and ux0: for this to work)
NOTE: if the order is not like the one below some apps wont load like moving nonpdrm above one line, or moving lolicon to the first line they will not work
with my crappy set up. LOL

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/usbmc.skprx
ur0:tai/ioplus.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/nopsmdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/lolicon.skprx

# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell

*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string

*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

*ALL

Edit:2

as if things could not get any stranger I duplicated the adrenaline fix line (ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx) placed it under lolicon and I no loger have to click it twice.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by dragonz,
Reactions: duwen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill