Gaming Do Fake Switch Game Cards Exist?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,406
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
I tried looking it up on YouTube, but the videos I came across were useless. So, here I am asking.

I did purchase two Switch game cards (Dragon Ball FighterZ & Final Fantasy XII) not too long ago, but I reckon they're genuine as I don't think fake Switch game cards (if it exists) is as widespread as GBA and DS ones (one of the reasons I don't buy them, or if I do, it has to be CIB).

Randir6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've never seen them - someone will crack it at some point though. Not nearly as common as GB/DS at least

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have an unknown version of poi. I bought the game on the eshop as well. they show up as separate tiles, while the rest of the games I bought used the same tile just without the cartridge indicator. it says usa on it, but the system says it's for a different region, which seems to supersede the one year time frame to get coins. I actually called nintendo about this, and they didn't know why that was happening. they went ahead and gave me the coins though, but it was cheap. I spent over 30 minutes on the phone, because another game, sonic mania, had some weird error message when redeeming coins. I think it said I couldn't redeem them yet. wtf?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's been done, they've certainly not been widely available like fake DS games etc. I think the smart devs said it basically wasn't possible, not without a software hack in addition at least. Or they said that about flashcards, but I'd guess similar would apply. If it were actually possible it might still not be cost effective.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have an unknown version of poi. I bought the game on the eshop as well. they show up as separate tiles, while the rest of the games I bought used the same tile just without the cartridge indicator. it says usa on it, but the system says it's for a different region, which seems to supersede the one year time frame to get coins. I actually called nintendo about this, and they didn't know why that was happening. they went ahead and gave me the coins though, but it was cheap. I spent over 30 minutes on the phone, because another game, sonic mania, had some weird error message when redeeming coins. I think it said I couldn't redeem them yet. wtf?

Maybe someone slapped a USA sticker on a cart from a region where the game was cheaper?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: