Do brand new Switch Pro controllers have fixed D-pads now?

captain_obvious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the issue with the originals? I have been using mine from 2018 since then.
They're excessively sensitive which leads to false inputs being entered. If I remember correctly, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 themed pro controller was the first model which fixed the issue. Not sure whether the standard black ones have fixed it or not.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're excessively sensitive which leads to false inputs being entered. If I remember correctly, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 themed pro controller was the first model which fixed the issue. Not sure whether the standard black ones have fixed it or not.
I have no idea then. I have a black one from 2018 and I haven't noticed the issue, but that may just be me.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a black pro model from years ago, which I have no issues with either. So not sure which models were affected.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you purchased a fake knock off pro controller

Reactions: BigOnYa

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I faintly do remember someone saying something was different about that Xenoblade 2 controller's design. But I have had zero issues with the one I have.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I faintly do remember someone saying something was different about that Xenoblade 2 controller's design. But I have had zero issues with the one I have.
From my understanding xenoblade controller knock offs are damn near identical and are super hard to tell the difference on

Apparently even the normal black knockoffs are close enough to the original now as well (this is going off off photos seen on Reddit )

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding xenoblade controller knock offs are damn near identical and are super hard to tell the difference on

Apparently even the normal black knockoffs are close enough to the original now as well (this is going off off photos seen on Reddit )
I actually don't know if mine is a knockoff then.

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a real one and the d-pad is garbage. I put a fair bit of effort into researching the issue after I got it, and iirc the best solution was to fit a Wii U Pro Controller d-pad. The internet is full of nonsense solutions involving sellotape and cardboard, but iirc the plastic is simply the wrong shape. I presumed Nintendo didn't fix it because doing so would be admitting fault.

I also noticed that a lot of the people commenting that their d-pads were fine actually had third party controllers, or hadn't tested their d-pad to see the false inputs.

Omegaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They extended the middle peg on the dpad on the pro controllers a while ago. However it's still not as good as it can be. The first year pro controllers had an issue where all 4 directions could be pushed at once because the pivot point wasn't long enough.

Like people have said, the xenoblade controller was the first to change this, but It could be better. Any tetris or quick puzzle game can show the issue of accidental inputs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car