Hacking Do all games work?????

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game that I had problems with ATM was Puzzlequest, but it ran fine IF you disabled ALL patching option, IOW run it in "clean" mode. The drawback being that it'll save to onboard PSRAM, then write to uSD when you next soft-reset or power cycle the DS.

Everything else has worked other than newer games require you to track down the save file size. I just wish that they'd add auto-save size detection and ditch the ROM database...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I haven't encountered any game that doesn't work, in clean mode that is...
Even though in patch mode some games doesn't work(Puzzlequest is the only one I've heard someone have problems with).

wozzom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can some one list the games that work(popular games)PLZ

CHEERS
biggrin.gif

coolie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also replaced my r4ds with the supercard ds one sdhc.
I just got my SCone sdhc a few days ago from ordering from dealextreme.com

Everything is going fine and every single game I have tried works. The only thing I don't like about it is when I am browsing for games on it, it was pretty slow compare to the r4ds. And I like the cheat on r4ds better than SCone ds

When actually in game with the cheats on, try pressing L+R+select+UP .. I was well impressed when I first found this feature. The only thing that bugs me is the stupid labeling, which means I usually do my own cheats with short labels.

I already know about that feature. I would like it to tell if cheat is available or not like the r4 tho.

Does anyone know how to hide those .sav files? I was only able to hide the one that already exist, but not for the one in the future.

roger319

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a supercard lite and the games that not working are
mario and Sonic at the olympic games
Zoo tycoon II

have more people this problem?

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem that I find on most of the Supercard specific sites, and sub-forums. Alll of the Supercard models get mashed together, and almost no one specifies which Supercard they have, i.e. a slot-1 or a slot-2. Sometimes you can infer what they have by some of the comments they make, ow it's just a guessing game...

The official Supercard forums are notorious for this. I don't know why they didn't create separate slot-1 and slot-2 supercard sub-forums as any problems, etc. are not even going to be remotely related.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The topic's original question was answered. Yes, Roger asked about the wrong type of Supercard, but I don't see why answering it hurt anything.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out a strange thing about one of the ROMs that won't work unless run in "clean" mode, Puzzle Quest (U) apparently worked fine in patch mode w/OS2.0 SP5 according to Minox IX at the official forums...

I wish that they'd focus on getting all of the ROMs running in patch mode, fix dslinux compatibility for good, and get an auto-save size detection routine in place.

It's still a pretty good card though IMO, and all of the games do seem to work one way or another. i.e. if they fail in patch mode, they always seem to work fine in "clean" mode.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
cutterjohn said:
Found out a strange thing about one of the ROMs that won't work unless run in "clean" mode, Puzzle Quest (U) apparently worked fine in patch mode w/OS2.0 SP5 according to Minox IX at the official forums...

I wish that they'd focus on getting all of the ROMs running in patch mode, fix dslinux compatibility for good, and get an auto-save size detection routine in place.

It's still a pretty good card though IMO, and all of the games do seem to work one way or another. i.e. if they fail in patch mode, they always seem to work fine in "clean" mode.
I played through Puzzlequest with OS 2 sp5 with patch enabled, yes... But after that I've never played the game again.

Btw, there are no such thing as automatic save-detection, the only things the other flash carts does is to use the largest save size. That can also be achived on a Scds1.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you've got tons and tons of games, I don't see why the save size is really an issue. You can manually set it to the game's actual save size if you wish, though it's probably just easier to set them all to 512 kb and be done with it.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As, I see so the games will only use the amount of space in the save file that they need regardless of it's real size. I had previously assumed that they had to do some patching for each game to make the saves work correctly based on size and type.

Still even with that said, the SCDS1 always seems to create 512KB save files regardless of what size the database gives it, so I don't know why they don't just make it default to all 512KB.

It also explains why almost all of the other cards produce 512KB save files as well.

Still would like to see them get the other two items ironed out though, especially the problem with some ROMs and patch mode.

zellthemedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Unless you've got tons and tons of games, I don't see why the save size is really an issue. You can manually set it to the game's actual save size if you wish, though it's probably just easier to set them all to 512 kb and be done with it.

Are we talking kiloBITS or kiloBYTES?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the max save size is 512 kilobytes, right? Therefore, even if you've got 20 games on your card, that's only 10 megabytes taken up by save files. On a card large enough to hold 20 games in the first place, this amount is minuscule.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo