Do all chinese shells come with only 4 screws?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by zigaboo, Dec 4, 2016.

1. zigaboo
    OP

zigaboo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2016
    Greece
    I got my new shells from Gamers Zone on Aliexpress, and all of them have 4 screws for the shell and 3 screws for the mobo. The screw holes on the shell are 6+1. I can't use screws from my original GBA shells as they are not the same size.

Are all shells that are sold by chinese shops like that? How do you guys go around it?

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    They should come with all screws. You can get away with using only 2 screws for the motherboard, but that may not solve your problem.

3. malheur

malheur Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    that's all for the housing screws. i think you misunderstand 3+4 because of thier length. it's all for holding housing, and you can use without consider length(all holes can hold long and short screws). btw it's all triwing screws.

what it didn't come along is screws for holding the mobo. it's philips screws and you should use from the original. there is 3 holes in housing for that, but only 2 used original.

4. zigaboo
    OP

zigaboo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2016
    Greece
    meh. I had no idea. the screws fit perfectly in the mobo holes (and the original ones... not so perfectly).

thanks.