Hacking DLDI name not supported HELP!

owerlord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i got ysmeny to run on my R4 card but i go to run a game/homebrew it says unsuported dldi name?
what can i do now? or can i do anything?

Z

Zorua

You can't do anything since your r4 is a clone.
What is the URL mentioned on the box or on the cart itself?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions for you.

1. Did you compile YSMenu yourself or did you use an auto-compiler?
2. What is the full name of your R4?
3. Have games worked with the official firmware/kernal for your card?
4. Are any files missing from your card?
5. Have you attempted to DLDI patch the games manually?
6. Are you aware that YSMenu only loads games on REAL Original R4 cartridges and the very few 1:1 clones?

owerlord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Your card is a clone. You will not be able to run YsMenu. Use the URL on the cards sticker and go to that site. Download the kernel and see if it runs, or try retro game fan's updates?
i used retro games ysmenu! the newest update. it runs but i get the DLDI error =(

owerlord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sora de Eclaune said:
I have a few questions for you.

1. Did you compile YSMenu yourself or did you use an auto-compiler?
2. What is the full name of your R4?
3. Have games worked with the official firmware/kernal for your card?
4. Are any files missing from your card?
6. Are you aware that YSMenu only loads games on REAL Original R4 cartridges and the very few 1:1 clones?
1. no i did not i used retrogamers newest ysmenu
2. R4 RTS 1.4.1 new interface something like that
3. yes some games work on official firmware but simple castlevania game dont work, and zelda stopped working
4. i dont think so?
5. what does DLDI patching mean? that they would work on ysmenu? cause i get ten unsupported name DLDI error?
6. dont know but ysmenu boots?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Right, you know DLDI doesn't apply to anything, but the more modern homebrew that use it as the standard? (In other words, the REALLY old homebrew don't have DLDI sections) and that YSMenu works on a variety of R4 clones and was originally for the TTDS anyways? Right, it is...and there are a lot of R4 clones that are exactly that, R4 clones or TTDS clones (now there are tons of other shitty ones too though :/), so YSMenu actually might have a slightly higher chance of working on any one R4 clone that what you are currently thinking (You are thinking WoodR4 I believe).

To the OP: You really need to identify what sort of clone it is. Maybe a snapshot of the flashcart without the microSD inserted or anything else you can scrounge up that might help others identify your clone. IIRC there was the R4iRTS by the M3 team...but I'm fairly certain the name is ripped on by a lot of other clones as well, so you need to dig a little deeper. Another good way of allowing others to identify what sort of clone you have would be to post up a couple of screenshots of the official kernel that works with your flashcart.

Supposing that it is the R4iRTS from the M3 team, you might want to take a look in the M3 section (I think it was a thread called R4iRTS penta boot or something, started by Gaboros).

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you already used Retro's updates, I don't think you have much chance of getting YSMenu to work. No other firmwares will run, so just stick with the official firmware from the site on the card's sticker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu