DLDI and wifi/ftp based DS rom dumper

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok did some more test. Using EZ4 Lite Deluxe and 1GB Kingston (JPN) + 1GB Sandisk Ultra II

Game: Harvest Time Hop and Fly (Lol, don't ask)
Size: 16Mb
Sandisk: 53 secs (~310Kb/s)
Kingston: 1:44 min (~160Kb/s)

So the dump speed depends on the write speed of your media.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Just so you guys know I have tested this on 2 different setups...

Setup #1
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nintendo DS Lite flashed using FlashMe v8a (no autoboot varient)
M3 Perfect Lite

Works fine. Insert the game to be dumped into the slot-1 (or leave it empty) and hold Select to book slot-2 in NDS mode

Dump as normal by following the instructions

Setup #2
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nintendo DS Lite unmodified (runs stock firmware)
M3 Perfect Lite
Any NoPass or PassMe device -- I used an Action Replay DS for this (hold select during bootup to use as NoPass).

Works fine. When prompted, remove the Action Replay DS, then insert the game to be dumped.

Dump as normal by following the instructions.

flashermac

Trophies
Website
www.flashermac.netfirms.com
XP
Country
Wow, thanks a lot supermecleboss - I patched mine with scsd.dldi
frown.gif

doing a few test dumps now
smile.gif

Thanks again

|fmc|

flashermac

Trophies
Website
www.flashermac.netfirms.com
XP
Country
Well, dumped metroid first hunt demo, and got an nds with a crc32 of 1276fb36 (Is this the same as the scene dump? Can't seem to find the details for this demo).
The dump worked fine with a supercard sD once patched, but the dumper created a load of corrupt files on my sd card as well, resulting in a reformat.

Electroplankton (J) was next, file had correct CRC, but I got a few corrupt files too. Nevermind, it only takes a second to format.

This is a great app, thanks to all involved,

|fmc|

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
flashermac, yes that's the correct CRC32 for the EU version of the Metroid demo. Nice job. =)

I'm having some trouble; I think it's working... but I'm not sure... (A) and (B) options are both grayed out.

Is this because I'm trying to dump a Passcard3 and not a normal game? Can this app only dump games and not other cartridges? I don't have an actual game at the moment since I gave them to my friend when I got an M3. =\

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you guys know I have tested this on 2 different setups...

Setup #1
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nintendo DS Lite flashed using FlashMe v8a (no autoboot varient)
M3 Perfect Lite

Works fine. Insert the game to be dumped into the slot-1 (or leave it empty) and hold Select to book slot-2 in NDS mode

Dump as normal by following the instructions

Setup #2
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nintendo DS Lite unmodified (runs stock firmware)
M3 Perfect Lite
Any NoPass or PassMe device -- I used an Action Replay DS for this (hold select during bootup to use as NoPass).

Works fine. When prompted, remove the Action Replay DS, then insert the game to be dumped.Â

Dump as normal by following the instructions.

I imagine it would work to use any slot1 card that boots slot2 in DS mode (like R4/M3 Simply, etc.). Once the slot2 card boots, you can remove the R4/M3/etc., put the game in slot1 and run the DLDI patched ROM dumper from the slot2 card. Right?

If this is the case, Nintendo is in trouble.
tongue.gif

Now I wonder how many stupid kids will talk about it on Ninty's forums.
rolleyes.gif

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes. That is correct. It should work that way. I used an off-the-shelf Action Replay DS unit for my testing but any item that can work as or is sold as a NoPass or PassMe device and allowing slot-2 to boot into NDS mode will work for this.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backed up a save file using this program, but when I copied it to my R4, I got an error. What format are the .sav files that this program pulls off of the game cartridge?

help....

I already patch the .Nds files, but it still using default settings.....help, i'm using R4DS.

You have to put the dumper program file on your slot 2 card, not your slot1. The slot1 is only for booting the slot2 card in DS mode, then you unplug that and plug in the game you want to dump. Run the dumper program from your slot2 card......remember to DLDI patch it for your slot2.

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
so is there any way for me to transfer my .sav file from an original cart to my slot 1 card or pc and vice versa using R4DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?