Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently looked into getting DLC for some wiiware games, my question is can the DLC content be moved to the SD card and still be playable?

the reason why I ask I am getting some weird results before I put any DLC content on my wii I had round about 600 blocks free, so I install arkanoid which is about 150-200 blocks, I install the DLC for the game and I have very few block left I move the game over to the SD and leave the content on the wii I run the game make sure its all there, and then check the wii and I got about 300 blocks and after I switch it off and on I get over 600 blocks.

in the wii system memory for channels it says about SD card menu and the game name and its like 256 blocks, and then if I reboot the wii its in the save game part, saying pay and play etc.

so could the DLC be moved as I tried moving it and the content isnt accesable. weird thing is if its in the save game part I cant move it but if its in the channels part most times I can move it.

I got 3 games with DLC and they all work but I have more blocks than I started with

my wii is 4.0E preloader 0.29 cIOS 249 rev 17, bootmii as an IOS only (no boot2)

its all working kind of hard to search for and its kind of hard to explain sorry if your finding it hard to understand

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Am0s said:
I recently looked into getting DLC for some wiiware games, my question is can the DLC content be moved to the SD card and still be playable?

As to the DLC being playable off of the SD card it is not. Arkanoid is like 309 blocks and each DLC is 120ish blocks so it adds up fast. It is possible you filled up all your space. I don't really understand the rest of your question as it is hard to understand but I thought I would mention this as I just did the same on Monday with my Wii with this game. Hope this helps a little. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Maybe with this info you can clarify the rest of your question so others can answer it more easily. Best of luck to you.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

Am0s

Mojo Risin
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elmoreas said:
Am0s said:

As to the DLC being playable off of the SD card it is not. Arkanoid is like 309 blocks and each DLC is 120ish blocks so it adds up fast. It is possible you filled up all your space. I don't really understand the rest of your question as it is hard to understand but I thought I would mention this as I just did the same on Monday with my Wii with this game. Hope this helps a little. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Maybe with this info you can clarify the rest of your question so others can answer it more easily. Best of luck to you.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

with the blocks I couldnt rembeer the exact amount and the kids were on it at the time I wrote this msg, what I mean is if I install say arkanoid and the DLC I will have very few blocksleft , but if I run the game and then switch off the wii and on again I will end up with more blocks than before arkanoid and the DLC was installed, the other thing I guess its the content for the game somtimes in channels it says SD card menu arkanoid and then sometimes its in the save game part of the wii emmory saying arkanoid pay and play with same amount of blocks, but they switch when I power cycle the wii from save game to channels part, its rly weird.

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Feb 25 2010, 08:08 PM)
one word

"Triiforce"

search for it, it has all your answers

(so does sneek, but u may need to wait awhile for it to be what I would consider usable for everyday usage)

am goona look that up thanks

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
one word

"Triiforce"

search for it, it has all your answers

(so does sneek, but u may need to wait awhile for it to be what I would consider usable for everyday usage)

Have there been any SDHC mods for triforce yet?
Last I knew, the original release does not supprt SDHC ?

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
no sure about sdhc, but i know it does support USB which is even better IMHO

Hmmm... I have my entire HDD partitioned to WBFS. Is it possible to set a partition without formatting ?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Mr. Shizzy said:
Hmmm... I have my entire HDD partitioned to WBFS. Is it possible to set a partition without formatting ?
yes & no... you can't resize/shrink a wbfs partition to free up space on your HD for a new fat32 partition... so u r out of luck

(but if u have ONLY non-wbfs partitions like fat32 and ntfs, u can use easeus partition manager to resize those partitions and add new partitions)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
(but if u have ONLY non-wbfs partitions like fat32 and ntfs, u can use easeus partition manager to resize those partitions and add new partitions)
Just to add....if you have a 64-Bit version of Windows (like I do) Easeus won't work, so you're probably best of using something like an Ubnutu live disk, since those all seem to have the excellent Linux partition manager Gparted.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there are 64-bit versions of easus (see here). But if ur too cheap to buy it, u can always get the 32 bit version running on a 64bit machine use a virtual machine (ie. vmware)

or u can find a portable version of easus, which can run off of an external hard drive (this is what i do)

or u can always choose to pirate programs the same as people pirate wii games... but if u decide to do this u r on ur own so don't ask for help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.