DLC disappearing?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Infidel, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Infidel
    OP

Infidel GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Okay guys I have a N3DS with a9lh + CFW. Yesterday I downloaded the DLC for SSMB from the freeshop and it was working great. Today I installed some tickets from CIAangel and went to the eshop and selected download later so I could download them while I was away. They didn't all finish as fast as I would like so I decided to open my 3ds and play awhile. Loaded SSMB but when it launched this time all the DLC wasn't there. It's still there in system setting but the game isn't reading it. Was going into the eshop what wrekt the DLC? If so how can i prevent this?

2. Stryker112

Stryker112 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Anytime you utilize the eShop any unpurchased DLC will be removed. There isn't a way to prevent it. Just need to delete and redownload the DLC.

3. Infidel
    OP

Infidel GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    I found this out the hard way. I actually resolved this issue on my own by simply reinstalling the ticket for the dlc since the dlc was still there the game just wasn't reading it.

4. nekojosh

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    I though this no longer happened if using a9lh+Luma. I've used the eshop and still have all my smash DLC and I haven't purchased any.

5. Stryker112

Stryker112 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    From what I have read, it only happens if you've purchased any dlc at all for that particular game. If you have never purchased any smash DLC at all, then it shouldn't remove it but if you have purchased anything, it will.

Last edited by Stryker112, Feb 3, 2017
  6. nekojosh

nekojosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2015
    Panama City, Panama
    Oh, that might explain it. I did purchase it for the WiiU, never did for 3DS.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It's related to the opening of the DLC shop within the game. If you've never opened the DLC shop, then DLC for that game won't be removed.

nekojosh likes this.
  8. Infidel
    OP

Infidel GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    This was probably it. Is there any way to fix this so I don't have to reinstall the tick every time I visit the eshop.