Gaming DLC and Title Updates with JTagged box ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have a Jtagged 360 and I got me some DLC's and TU's now i have no internal HDD and a XBox360 formated usb stick with 3gb and external HDD

i put the DLC and TU onto the external HDD which I already found out somewhere else won't do the job.

now i tried putting the files in the same directory they were on the external hdd on the xbox formated usb stick, but still somehow xm360 says there is no DLC and nu TU.

so can anyone tell me what i am still doing wrong ?
(do i maybe need to "inject" the files with programms like USB Xtaf ?)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah you need to inject with XTAF (I am not sure if you can FTP them over with the USB drive in the xbox- theoretically you should be able to as it should come up like any other drive/device does).

The title updates go in the cache directory of the specially "formatted" USB drive.

I believe DLC works with it (if nothing else you can certainly transfer it to a real hard drive* as an when)- same idea as a hard drive (content/0000000000000000/) if so.

*remember you have a JTAG box now- you can use any sata drive you like if you can fit it and power it (internally it is only geared for laptop drives but there are countless places you can pull 12V from and several guides to it all already). DX among other mod sites do compatible cases as well.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmmm thanks mate after killing the data on the usb stick because of some error i got it working
tongue.gif

at least i think so Oo

XM360 says to me that the dlc i tried to add has no corresponding game for it but in the game that it was for it seemed to have done something ...
tried with yugioh and i have several "NEW" cards but no clue if this is because of the DLC (but i think so)

hope it works the same with the title updates.

i "know" about the possibility to add some laptop hdd onto the box but i don't really want to fiddle around with the box to much (i read i have to "break" some plastics or whatever to get it working as it should)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Youkai said:
i "know" about the possibility to add some laptop hdd onto the box but i don't really want to fiddle around with the box to much (i read i have to "break" some plastics or whatever to get it working as it should)

You don't have to fiddle or break anything. Buy this, http://www.dealextreme.com/p/20gb-60gb-120...-xbox-360-25939, fit any sata laptop drive you like into it. Clip on side of xbox and format
smile.gif

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think dlc is not possible with a external harddrive. i had a 320 gb external harddrive at first. but i got the dx case , and bought a 500 gb harddrive for like 50 euro. works much better:)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@nico445 we are not talking about the external hard drives like we might use in Freestyle dash or xexmenu which are troubled by DLC and XBLA (stuff like 360 dashit aside) but the (up to) 16 gigs of USB drive the 360 now supports as of a few dash updates back and otherwise treats like a memory card or hard drive (give or take the ability to run a GOD install from it).

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191 said:
@nico445 we are not talking about the external hard drives like we might use in Freestyle dash or xexmenu which are troubled by DLC and XBLA (stuff like 360 dashit aside) but the (up to) 16 gigs of USB drive the 360 now supports as of a few dash updates back and otherwise treats like a memory card or hard drive (give or take the ability to run a GOD install from it).
i thought that partition was only usable for saves etc? never managed to actually boot dlc onto it (tried xtaf and everything..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj