Dlc and cfw question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Emeraldman94, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Hey everybody I'm pretty new to the Wii U scene. But I installed some games using the Brazilian method. I have yet to install a custom firmware though. I only would do that so that I could play DLC. But I don't want to go through the hassle of having to load the custom firmware every time I play the game unless I feel like using the DLC if that makes sense.

Essentially my question is could I load and play my game with the DLC already installed without booting into custom firmware and just not be able to access the DLC. Or once I install DLC I have to always access that game through a custom firmware regardless of whether I want to use the DLC

In another way. I can play breath of the wild any time without loading in a custom firmware currently due to the install Channel. But once I beat the game I want to try the new DLC Quest. Once I install the DLC can I still go back and boot the game without a custom firmware and just not be able to access the DLC?

2. river58

river58 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    No, if you try to load it with the DLC Installed, the wii u has an error and says to reboot the console, essentially meaning you cannot play the game without cfw with the DLC installed.

3. Doctor_U

Doctor_U GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Brazil
    São Paulo