ditching sxos for atmosphere having issues

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the guide I’m using the tegrarcmgui

What you can do is either use an older version of Atmosphere to get that 4.0.1 emunand to boot, then update, or convert that 11.0.0 SX OS emunand to Atmosphere file base then convert to Atmosphere hidden. Probably has to do with the firmware, I couldn't get newest Atmosphere to boot with old firmware like 6.2.0, so I doubt 4.0.1 would boot.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you can do is either use an older version of Atmosphere to get that 4.0.1 emunand to boot, then update, or convert that 11.0.0 SX OS emunand to Atmosphere file base then convert to Atmosphere hidden. Probably has to do with the firmware, I couldn't get newest Atmosphere to boot with old firmware like 6.2.0, so I doubt 4.0.1 would boot.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/
or more practically just update his sysnand and make an emunand from it at highest firmware

turtlejay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or more practically just update his sysnand and make an emunand from it at highest firmware
What’s the highest firmware supported by atmosphere? Is there any danger in updating the sysnand as far as losing the ability to run cfw?

turtlejay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You care about the fuse count?
i vaguely remember this being a thing back when i updated using ChoirDujourNX inside SXOS. Cant say i remember why. Im just trying to get this thing back to being able to allow my little ones play newer games that come out. They dont have any care to play online right now. I guess id been preservin the ofw for no reason
Post automatically merged:

all set guys, thanks for all the help. i ended up just updating the ofw and working from scratch. all is well. im on 15.0.1

Last edited by turtlejay,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is modified version CTCaer script
instead of compiling everytime when new hekate arrives, you just copy new hekate to root of sd card and change name to payload.bin (or to every other name which can be set in ini file).
i think he is using sx os stuff to inject the payload, thats why he have a problems ;)
That SX gear payload should work to go to Hekate. There plenty of modified SX boot.dat files. I use one that boots reboot_payload so it is always up to date.

OP, you can keep SX as well as atmosphere btw. I use both. SX for usb loading of older games and atmosphere for the rest.

Keep a copy of the 11.0 emunand to save headaches in the future. My guide can teach you to have 2 emunand. One for atmo 32gb and one shrunken, for SX saves.

I'd convert SX EmuNAND to atmosphere to keep saves too.

If you want help let me know.

Thread 'How to have SEPARATE ATMOSPHERE AND SXOS EMUNAND HIDDEN PARTITIONS ON THE SAME SD TUTORIAL!' https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Last edited by mikefor20,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but yeah atmosphere supports the latest firmware on unpatched switches and also switches with modchips

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1