Gaming Dissidia Duodecim Prologus details

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

I've managed to acquire Prologus, and since I know there are a few people waiting for it, here's the details. Sorry, no download links.

- Lightning and Kain are playable, but not Tifa, Laguna or Yuna as far as I can tell so far. No sign of Gilgamesh either. Sorry. Returning characters in the demo are Kefka, Sephiroth, Jecht, Warrior of Light, and Garland. Whether anyone else can be unlocked in the demo is unknown, will keep messing about. Other characters show up as opponents in Arcade and Story modes.

- There's a story mode, of sorts. Be warned, it seems your HP does not regenerate between rounds, hence why I can't beat Cloud in stage 4.

- Sky Fortress Bahamut, Prima Vista and Crystal Tower maps are available, among others.

- Arcade mode, easy and hard, with different level setups for each mode.

- The shadows for each menu option show Lightning when Story is highlighted and Kain while Arcade is up. The list of achievements shows Laguna and the Museum shows Vaan, so maybe they are unlockable in some fashion?

- Plays pretty much the same as Dissidia. Assist attacks cost 1 segment of the guage for Brave attacks, both for HP. Assist characters can be attacked and if an attack connects, the assist is temporarily locked and the guage emptied.

- Assists can be used even if the assist character you have set is your opponent at the time, hence why I just saw a rather amusing scene of Cecil beating up himself.

- Holding [] as Kain charges his jump attack, which homes in on the target when fully charged.

- EX guage charges pretty damn slow...

- Music can be changed in Arcade mode. Not tested them all yet but J.E.N.O.V.A has been remixed.

Will keep up the info as and when I acquire it. The demo is out there if you want it. Not hard to find. Comes to about 580MB as an ISO. Japanese only, obviously. But playable with no fuss if you've already played Dissidia. Good hunting. Now back to collecting these EX orbs so I can leap over the moon and pwn Exdeath
smile.gif

Blaze.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
prwlr. said:
Square Enix sucks.

Paying for a demo?

There goes that idea of thinking of buying this game when it releases.
this is only the second game Im gonna buy for my PSP
1st being MHP3

I dont care if they charge for the demo, im a pirate

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
The demo unlocks some stuff in the actual game, hence the fee. I would of preferred it if they did it seperately but whatever...

IIRC cloud is unlockable in the demo

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
30084pm said:
The demo unlocks some stuff in the actual game, hence the fee. I would of preferred it if they did it seperately but whatever...
Tons of demos unlock stuff in the actual game (PSP:2 comes to mind (not sure about PSP:2i)) and they are still free.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
prwlr. said:
Square Enix sucks.

Paying for a demo?

There goes that idea of thinking of buying this game when it releases.

Who said anything about paying for it? I merely said I 'acquired' it. I agree that paying for a demo is an outrage though. This isn't exactly the GT5 Prologue disk, it's not exactly huge. It's only a touch bigger than the original Dissidia demo. Enjoyable but not worth paying for.

In other news,

- Kain is fuckin' awesome. Great move set, decent power, fairly quick, and the Jump move is sweet. EX Burst is also awesome, which is more than I can say for Lightning's.

- Lightning can indeed use Paradigm Shift to change between Attacker (physical attacks), Blaster (magic) and Healer (spamming O to get your Brave back). Press L+R together to shift.

- Chases are a bit faster so they don't break flow as bad any more.

- Whether this is endemic to my system or not is unknown, but Kain seems unable to use Air Dash twice without stopping to block.

- EX Cores don't charge the metre as far as they used to, so EX Bursts are kinda rare.

- Exdeath has new moves, I think. I never levelled him up on the original though so I'm not sure. Did he ever counter with a whirlwind move before? Or lunge forward with his sword real quick?

- Ultimecia's magic barrages are a little quicker and harder to dodge.

- Cloud seems to be on steroids 'cause he's much faster than before and has a new outfit.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Blaze163 said:
Who said anything about paying for it?
This is the thread for the demo, right?
I was going to post a download link to the demo before I found out you have to pay for it.

SE will get my money with T3B anyway.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
prwlr. said:
Blaze163 said:
Who said anything about paying for it?
This is the thread for the demo, right?
I was going to post a download link to the demo before I found out you have to pay for it.

SE will get my money with T3B anyway.

I would post a link to where you can get it without paying for it, but I'm thinking that might get me in trouble
frown.gif

It's definately out there though.

EDIT: NEWS JUST IN.

It's been proven that you can also unlock Cloud in the demo. Clear the 30 fight arcade hard mode (the purple blob after the second item on the main menu) and from what I gather if you defeat Tifa at any point in those 30 fights, you'll find Cloud on the character roster from that point on. Whether or not anyone else can be unlocked via similar methods remains unknown, will chime in when I know more.

And one of the new songs is 'Summoned Beast Battle' from FFX, the one that plays before the battle against Yu Yevon when you have to beat your own Aeons. It's after Otherworld and before Battle in the Dungeon 2. Been remixed but still works. Enjoy. Personal fave of mine so yay for it being in.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Hmm....my manlyness is currently clearing the 30 fights with the OPness that is WoL.
Seriously, I've gone through 20 matches so far, spamming one single combo.
White Fang and Shield Strike -> Bitter End.

I see 51 achievements, anyone got a translation of those?

Notes so far...
-Assists build up when you attack with BRV attacks, and instantly jump a segment if you block and counter an enemy. Assists can be used both offensively and defensively. Former means you string the enemy into a combo and send him flying onto your Partner, or just poke him with ranged moves and have your ally hit the HP. Latter means getting barraged into an enemy combo, at the cost of your Assist bar, your partner appears, takes your place and throws you upwards = new way of escaping combos.
-Ex-core actually seems to appear more often, but fills only half of what it used to. Maybe it's because I don't have OP +Ex Absorb accessories, but still...
-New maps are amazingly cool, 2 horizontal and 1 vertical map.
-3rd new costumes for characters look awesome in some cases, creepy in other. I really liked Cloud and WoL, but Garland's new costume scares me....it's like The Emperor in Ex-Mode, constantly.
-Lighting is a variable but overall weak character. Her Melee moves seem a bit uncomfortable, but her [] Attacks are quite good at hitting the enemy. I honestly liked her Magic mode, she has a tracking, a close-range and a long-range move, while the Regen mode seems to...give me 2-5 Brv, quite sucky.
-Kain is a powerhouse. Both ground O moves push the enemy into the air upon hit, allow for chase. His ground [] move can be charged for lolflight. The air is where Kain both truly shines and gets a bit dull. See, his O attacks can decimate, but he has a failure Projectile, lacks a horizontal aerial brv attack (FADashing does not deal damage ;/) and somehow...for a Dragoon, he sure falls down fast and has quite a few jumps. Fixable with Extra abilities.
-Tifa is a really powerful enemy. Her ground O moves let her teleport and drop kick you from behind, her aerial O moves send you flying either up or down, and her aerial [] attack is not so easily dodgeable. Want to try her.
-Haven't seen Laguna or Vann so far, sadly.
-Bartz has a cool upgrade, he gets more attacks from his allies, especially...YUNA. Yes, Bartz has one of Yuna's attacks. It's a ground [] move where he summons a small fire demon who hits AoE the area in front of him.
-As for old character's nerfs/upgrades, I've seen a new [] attack in air for Tidus, a new [] attack in air/ground for Golbez, WoL's Shield of Light now bends upward or downward at a 45 degree angle to aim better, Sephiroth has a close-range ground O move, Terra has an HP chain for her ground O move with the fireball, Garland has an epic aerial [] triple slice, Firion has improved spells and an aerial [] attack, Kefka's spells are much harder to dodge now (AI buff on Homing fireball), same for Ultimecia's O attacks, aaaand Shantotto just chained FOUR hp attacks on me.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
Lali ho!

I've managed to acquire Prologus, and since I know there are a few people waiting for it, here's the details. Sorry, no download links.

- Lightning and Kain are playable, but not Tifa, Laguna or Yuna as far as I can tell so far. No sign of Gilgamesh either. Sorry. Returning characters in the demo are Kefka, Sephiroth, Jecht, Warrior of Light, and Garland. Whether anyone else can be unlocked in the demo is unknown, will keep messing about. Other characters show up as opponents in Arcade and Story modes.

- There's a story mode, of sorts. Be warned, it seems your HP does not regenerate between rounds, hence why I can't beat Cloud in stage 4.

- Sky Fortress Bahamut, Prima Vista and Crystal Tower maps are available, among others.

- Arcade mode, easy and hard, with different level setups for each mode.

- The shadows for each menu option show Lightning when Story is highlighted and Kain while Arcade is up. The list of achievements shows Laguna and the Museum shows Vaan, so maybe they are unlockable in some fashion?

- Plays pretty much the same as Dissidia. Assist attacks cost 1 segment of the guage for Brave attacks, both for HP. Assist characters can be attacked and if an attack connects, the assist is temporarily locked and the guage emptied.

- Assists can be used even if the assist character you have set is your opponent at the time, hence why I just saw a rather amusing scene of Cecil beating up himself.

- Holding [] as Kain charges his jump attack, which homes in on the target when fully charged.

- EX guage charges pretty damn slow...

- Music can be changed in Arcade mode. Not tested them all yet but J.E.N.O.V.A has been remixed.

Will keep up the info as and when I acquire it. The demo is out there if you want it. Not hard to find. Comes to about 580MB as an ISO. Japanese only, obviously. But playable with no fuss if you've already played Dissidia. Good hunting. Now back to collecting these EX orbs so I can leap over the moon and pwn Exdeath
smile.gif

Blaze.
gauge* numerous times.
If the big English "Mission" and "Option" wasn't enough, let me correct you by saying there's no "Achievements" thing or "Museum" here. The missions were translated as "Accomplishments" in the original Dissidia.

Blaze163 said:
Who said anything about paying for it? I merely said I 'acquired' it. I agree that paying for a demo is an outrage though. This isn't exactly the GT5 Prologue disk, it's not exactly huge. It's only a touch bigger than the original Dissidia demo. Enjoyable but not worth paying for.

In other news,

- Kain is fuckin' awesome. Great move set, decent power, fairly quick, and the Jump move is sweet. EX Burst is also awesome, which is more than I can say for Lightning's.

- Lightning can indeed use Paradigm Shift to change between Attacker (physical attacks), Blaster (magic) and Healer (spamming O to get your Brave back). Press L+R together to shift.

- Chases are a bit faster so they don't break flow as bad any more.

- Whether this is endemic to my system or not is unknown, but Kain seems unable to use Air Dash twice without stopping to block.

- EX Cores don't charge the metre as far as they used to, so EX Bursts are kinda rare.

- Exdeath has new moves, I think. I never levelled him up on the original though so I'm not sure. Did he ever counter with a whirlwind move before? Or lunge forward with his sword real quick?

- Ultimecia's magic barrages are a little quicker and harder to dodge.

- Cloud seems to be on steroids 'cause he's much faster than before and has a new outfit.
Commando, Ravager and Medic in English.
Also, chases are too fast for me now >:.
And every character has a new costume. For the most part they're based on Yoshitaka Amano's artwork, with some exceptions like the WoL's.

Blaze163 said:
I would post a link to where you can get it without paying for it, but I'm thinking that might get me in trouble
frown.gif

It's definately out there though.

EDIT: NEWS JUST IN.

It's been proven that you can also unlock Cloud in the demo. Clear the 30 fight arcade hard mode (the purple blob after the second item on the main menu) and from what I gather if you defeat Tifa at any point in those 30 fights, you'll find Cloud on the character roster from that point on. Whether or not anyone else can be unlocked via similar methods remains unknown, will chime in when I know more.

And one of the new songs is 'Summoned Beast Battle' from FFX, the one that plays before the battle against Yu Yevon when you have to beat your own Aeons. It's after Otherworld and before Battle in the Dungeon 2. Been remixed but still works. Enjoy. Personal fave of mine so yay for it being in.
definitely*
A lot of music has been remixed to be more techno-y, sadly. Bye Blinded by Light, hello butchered version. *sigh*

QUOTE(Jolan @ Jan 19 2011, 04:10 PM)
Hmm....my manlyness is currently clearing the 30 fights with the OPness that is WoL.
Seriously, I've gone through 20 matches so far, spamming one single combo.
White Fang and Shield Strike -> Bitter End.

I see 51 achievements, anyone got a translation of those?

Notes so far...
-Assists build up when you attack with BRV attacks, and instantly jump a segment if you block and counter an enemy. Assists can be used both offensively and defensively. Former means you string the enemy into a combo and send him flying onto your Partner, or just poke him with ranged moves and have your ally hit the HP. Latter means getting barraged into an enemy combo, at the cost of your Assist bar, your partner appears, takes your place and throws you upwards = new way of escaping combos.
-Ex-core actually seems to appear more often, but fills only half of what it used to. Maybe it's because I don't have OP +Ex Absorb accessories, but still...
-New maps are amazingly cool, 2 horizontal and 1 vertical map.
-3rd new costumes for characters look awesome in some cases, creepy in other. I really liked Cloud and WoL, but Garland's new costume scares me....it's like The Emperor in Ex-Mode, constantly.
-Lighting is a variable but overall weak character. Her Melee moves seem a bit uncomfortable, but her [] Attacks are quite good at hitting the enemy. I honestly liked her Magic mode, she has a tracking, a close-range and a long-range move, while the Regen mode seems to...give me 2-5 Brv, quite sucky.
-Kain is a powerhouse. Both ground O moves push the enemy into the air upon hit, allow for chase. His ground [] move can be charged for lolflight. The air is where Kain both truly shines and gets a bit dull. See, his O attacks can decimate, but he has a failure Projectile, lacks a horizontal aerial brv attack (FADashing does not deal damage ;/) and somehow...for a Dragoon, he sure falls down fast and has quite a few jumps. Fixable with Extra abilities.
-Tifa is a really powerful enemy. Her ground O moves let her teleport and drop kick you from behind, her aerial O moves send you flying either up or down, and her aerial [] attack is not so easily dodgeable. Want to try her.
-Haven't seen Laguna or Vann so far, sadly.
-Bartz has a cool upgrade, he gets more attacks from his allies, especially...YUNA. Yes, Bartz has one of Yuna's attacks. It's a ground [] move where he summons a small fire demon who hits AoE the area in front of him.
-As for old character's nerfs/upgrades, I've seen a new [] attack in air for Tidus, a new [] attack in air/ground for Golbez, WoL's Shield of Light now bends upward or downward at a 45 degree angle to aim better, Sephiroth has a close-range ground O move, Terra has an HP chain for her ground O move with the fireball, Garland has an epic aerial [] triple slice, Firion has improved spells and an aerial [] attack, Kefka's spells are much harder to dodge now (AI buff on Homing fireball), same for Ultimecia's O attacks, aaaand Shantotto just chained FOUR hp attacks on me.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
Also, you probably shouldn't bother completing them if you're gonna transfer you're a user of the English versions. Prologus will be released on the US and EU PSN stores soonish probably anyway.

@prwlr. & Raika:
whip.gif

Blame Capcom not SE.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
I still don't have less than 10 of the Accomplishments in Dissidia, but CBA to get those. I mean, 100% equipment, 100% shop, etc require perfect play in Story Modes.

Yes, Chases feel too fast for me too. The AI chases and O attacks in under a second, I can never dodge that, unless i mash X which makes me insta-open to [] attacks. And the Chase itself ends way too fast. Hope it's fixed back to what it used to be.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Jolan said:
I still don't have less than 10 of the Accomplishments in Dissidia, but CBA to get those. I mean, 100% equipment, 100% shop, etc require perfect play in Story Modes.

Yes, Chases feel too fast for me too. The AI chases and O attacks in under a second, I can never dodge that, unless i mash X which makes me insta-open to [] attacks. And the Chase itself ends way too fast. Hope it's fixed back to what it used to be.

honestly I prefer it like this. Chase in Dissidia was too predictable and it really slowed down the battle flow. Opponents where much more harder than Dissidia. Especially people who you could usually beat the shit out of. (e.g. Exdeath and Ultimecia)

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
I seem to have a problem with facing opponents which are both 10 levels above me, and love starting chases.
The only place where you could slow the battle flow and give yourself a few seconds to relax were the old Chases, and now that they've turned into a high-speed "oh god the AI loves this" moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel