Gaming Display problem with Wii when using component cables

klaudio5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks. I'm new here. So, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Anyway, here is the problem: I play Wii on a 42' Samsung plasma TV (don't know what model it is, it was bought about 4 years ago and it is an european model). I use component cables, and I have already set the display to 480p on the console. Before I changed the video mode to 480p on the console, I had a color presentation issue. While it was set to 480i, the colors were all messed up, the blue from the system menu became a yellow-ish blue, and all colors in general were wrong.

Now, some of you may be thinking: "Who cares if 480i doesn't work properly? Just set it to 480p and the problem is solved". Partially right. There is only one game that I've tried so far that makes that a problem: Madworld... it forces 576i display (from here, you already know it's an european copy of the game), which messes the colors up , and ruins the joy of ripping people with a chainsaw. The interlaced display is just fine as long as I use composite cables. But I'm not interested in using composite cables to play Wii on a 42" plasma TV...

Any idea on how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance for any effort to help me with my problem!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have it wrongly hooked up.
Make sure you use the COMPONENT INPUTS of your tv. ( 5 plugs )

Madworld PAL can't be forced into 480p, you need the NTSC version for that.

klaudio5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answering, guys!

@Heran Bago: I'm sure the cables are plugged correctly, the problem is most likely the TV. I got a Xbox 360 hooked to this TV for 3 months. The component cables had a switch that allowed me to to switch between TV and HDTV. When it was set to TV instead of HDTV, I had the same color issue.

@JoostinOnline: Will the latest version of USB Loader GX do the trick? It has a Sneek video patch option. I've never tested it, though.

@Hielkenator: Thank you for the information. Do you think it would be wrong to download the NTSC version without legally owning it? I legally own the PAL version, and I don't really feel like buying a new copy of the game...

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
I have my wii hooked up to my computer monitor. It's great, but it can't display games that don't support Progressive scan unless I turn on video patches in the Configurable USB loader (sneek+all or something like that). I'm assuming this is a similar problem.

klaudio5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@nikkuchan: It's a similar problem. I can actually see something, but the colors are wrong. I quit from getting it to work, though. I don't have a NTSC copy of the game, so I guess there is no solution for my problem. Thank you for your answer anyway.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, the price she will give them will be over infinite