Disney's Aladdin 2019

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am already prepared for it to be underwhelming. The live actions adaptions of their movies weren't the worst thing I've ever watched, but they were extremely average and underwhelming.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm glad they called it "teaser trailer" because when I saw it in a post being called "aladdin trailer" I was excited to see it but then I realised midway it was just a teaser :(

Anyway, can't wait to see it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is a live action retread of the cartoon like the jungle book was then no thanks. I will just watch the original.

If they have some balls and do the Chinese tale or old school Arabian Nights/One Thousand and One Nights then consider me interested. As it is Disney under their own name though... not expecting that one.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it is a live action retread of the cartoon like the jungle book was then no thanks. I will just watch the original.

If they have some balls and do the Chinese tale or old school Arabian Nights/One Thousand and One Nights then consider me interesting. As it is Disney under their own name though... not expecting that one.
Some of their movies that they did with humans are great though. Like the invisible dragon and that Peter pan movie (not Hook ((still great))).

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its almost hard to believe this is happening. Man! if only Robin Williams was still with us :( really interested who the casts are

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I didn't know Aladdin was Mexican! :) And please I know a latin person when I see it, I am one (but I'm white cough descendent of pirates I guess) and see them every day. A friend of mine when I was a kid was the exact replica of this guy :lol:
I live in Chile btw.

Disney sucks though, no money to those weird people, not from me at least. Though I must say I used to buy their "avocados" with the Disney characters on the super, they were quite cheap :rofl2:

Last edited by nashismo,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I very much doubt it will be a film for the ages.

Didn't mind the could have been ripped from Assassin's Creed bit at the start but the rest I am less sure about, especially not the lady strangling that cat. I am glad they let Will Smith kind of be Will Smith rather than trying to be Robin Williams but at the same time if that is supposed to be best foot forward for the trailer he might have been somewhat hamstrung.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don´t like the new versions of the disney film.Why ?

Its very very diffcult to explain children today why is THIS aladdin/lion king/dumbo ? When i´ll show the original animation movies to them they are rolling eyes....
but its the same with maja the bee,wickie the viking/bob the builder etc. etc.
What makes me feel stoneold....:blink:

The NEW movies are made really good no question,really looking good,have good casts,stories are quite nearer to the original idea/script.:)

YES Will Smith is the ideal cast for the genie:).

Reactions: Hardline

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don´t like the new versions of the disney film.Why ?

Its very very diffcult to explain children today why is THIS aladdin/lion king/dumbo ? When i´ll show the original animation movies to them they are rolling eyes....
but its the same with maja the bee,wickie the viking/bob the builder etc. etc.
What makes me feel stoneold....:blink:

The NEW movies are made really good no question,really looking good,have good casts,stories are quite nearer to the original idea/script.:)

YES Will Smith is the ideal cast for the genie:).
At the same time I have shown several kids the 1986 Transformers and they loved it.

That said I am sure you could find people when the original Disney versions of the films were released and fans of the original books (Disney quite often opting for public domain stories) were annoyed at people rolling their eyes at said books, even more so as the Disney versions were usually watered down for kids and sensibilities of the day.

As for Will Smith being ideal cast then for pure star power... I can see it if you really think you need a "family friendly" comic actor that is black. That said I could really see them casting one of the crasser black comedians and throwing a few "for the adults in the audience" type lines and actions in there (I don't know if you ever saw Robin William's standup but damn). Of course that would involve a creative risk where instead this is modern Disney so mediocrity is king. If they were really willing to push the boat out then maybe one of the piss take/comedic rappers (Tyler, The Creator would probably be where they went but I would have loved to have seen Biz Markie take the role*, or possibly Afroman. Slick Rick could have been an interesting choice as well.).

*I wonder if the face replacement tech is capable of ganging up with the audio sampling voice recreation...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita