Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alg_spidey-mickey.jpg
QUOTE said:
"This transaction combines Marvel's strong global brand and world-renowned library of characters including Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, Captain America, Fantastic Four and Thor with Disney's creative skills, unparalleled global portfolio of entertainment properties, and a business structure that maximizes the value of creative properties across multiple platforms and territories," said Robert A. Iger, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. "Ike Perlmutter and his team have done an impressive job of nurturing these properties and have created significant value. We are pleased to bring this talent and these great assets to Disney."

Source: http://kotaku.com/5349341/disney-buys-marvel-for-4-billion
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainm...ing-fix-15.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2009/08/3...vel_for_4b.html

Fuck is exactly what I thought when I read this is Disney going to make Marvel die along with them or make teen sitcoms that feature them in it whatever it is it can't be good unless everybody that was with Marvel keeps working there and that's not going to happen god I hope that Marvel doesn't end up like them hopefully this is fake.

Edit: source and pic.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
IchigoSJ said:
QUOTE said:
"This transaction combines Marvel's strong global brand and world-renowned library of characters including Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men, Captain America, Fantastic Four and Thor with Disney's creative skills, unparalleled global portfolio of entertainment properties, and a business structure that maximizes the value of creative properties across multiple platforms and territories," said Robert A. Iger, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. "Ike Perlmutter and his team have done an impressive job of nurturing these properties and have created significant value. We are pleased to bring this talent and these great assets to Disney."
It was gone a long time ago...

Why does it have to be Disney? So they just run out of ideas so they buy another company just to kill off their ideas. Worst thing that could happen is each of those Jonas thingies will be Spidey, Iron Man and Capt. America. Just...WOW!

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
"Guys...don't be stupid. Disney is a multi-faceted company. They own Miramax, Touchstone, ABC, ESPN, and a bunch of various cable networks. Just because they bought Marvel doesn't mean there will be a huge leap in quality or control over Marvel comics or characters. They aren't going to kiddy it up, get some sense before you flip out" - Natpalm

It won't be kiddied up. But the worst that can happen is having Hannah Montana (supposedly a real disney/american girl) in the new Capt. America
frown.gif

The best that can happen: Marvel characters in the new Kingdom Hearts
ph34r.gif

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat...just wat just a whole fucking truckload of WAT

QUOTE said:
The best that can happen: Marvel characters in the new Kingdom Hearts

I actually wouldn't hate that. They did wonders with the square characters and even the disney characters themselves. Web swinging would be wicked!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
so we now have kiddy Iron Man and all the rest of the gang?
There has been kiddy Iron Man plus all the other Marvel characters (including The Punisher) for years.

People will overreact over this, Disney have bought other big companies and have left of them alone to do what they did before Disney bought them. I doubt much will change other than merchandising and that. They may have first dibs on movies & games based on characters but most big film & game companies hold the rights to some Marvel heroes well into the next decade. I'd doubt the comic side will be touched by Disney at all unless Marvel start losing money.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get ready for your Mickey Mouse comic books, the Dark Knight 2 featuring Donald Duck, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 with Goofy.

Heh, imagine Kingdom Hearts with Spiderman. I could actually see a superhero world opening in Kingdom Hearts. If they can put Tron in there, they can put anything. Oh the wonders a license can do...

Oh yeah, and for all of you stocking up on canned goods and locking the fallout shelters, Marvel will only be a subgroup of Disney. Sure, Disney will probably beat the living hell out of the character names, but some things like the movies and comics will still be owned by Marvel. Don't be expecting the Disney castle logo to be appearing in Iron Man 2 or the next Batman movie.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i saw i came i died when i've seen this.
there is only 1 thing that can save my day.
ok actually 2.
1. The Original Marvel Crew keeps their positions and the company is left untouched by the designs skills handicraft and, crew.
2. Spider-Man!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I think Disney's going to go overboard and start throwing Marvel characters wherever they want? No.
Do I think that they'll start making more crappy cartoons? Why not, they've already got mediocre Spider-Man and X-Men shows in production.
Do I think that Disney will create new games or cartoons to utilize Disney/Marvel crossovers? There's a good chance.
Do I really think that anything decent can come out of this? No.

Yeah, it all kinda sucks, but I doubt that there'll be big changes inside Marvel itself. It's pretty likely just gonna be business as usual, with Disney trying to take advantage of Marvel properties occasionally, lie they do with whatever else they buy.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally dislike Kingdom Hearts games so all those guys hoping it'll become an even "better" game don't seem to be getting the same amount of butt hurt that I do with these news.

And I just don't like Disney. They're evil. Doesn't anyone else see it? They're worse than Hitler wearing black sadomasochism leather poorly disguised under judeochristian pseudomorals. Plus they have no original ideas. The Lion King? It did look good, but it was a Hamlet rip off. Snowhite, The Little Mermaid...

Seriously, they're worse than the Teletubbies.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maktub said:
I personally dislike Kingdom Hearts games so all those guys hoping it'll become an even "better" game don't seem to be getting the same amount of butt hurt that I do with these news.

And I just don't like Disney. They're evil. Doesn't anyone else see it? They're worse than Hitler wearing black sadomasochism leather poorly disguised under judeochristian pseudomorals. Plus they have no original ideas. The Lion King? It did look good, but it was a Hamlet rip off. Snowhite, The Little Mermaid...

Disney wasn't evil until all the teen/tween crap came into production. The only thing good coming out of it is crossover games such as Kingdom Hearts.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maktub said:

I personally feel they used to be great, but have recently gone down the drain. I loved ehir old cartoons and movies, can't stand any of their new ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night