CaptainDreadful

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in a bit of a pickle.
I have an original White Wii fitted with the original WiiKey. The WiiKey, I think, has the most current update, and the same goes for the Wii. Here's the thing, I'm getting a lot of Disc Read Errors nowadays...and with some games I can fix it by just switching console positions. Others games just don't work; mainly the music games.

What do you think this can be? Also, the problems are only with backup games. All of my original ones work fine. and like I said, the problem is especially apparent in music games. I can't load RockBand anymore.

I've tried cleaning it, but maybe I need to do that a few more times. If it comes to it, and I have to buy a new Wii. I was thinking of picking up the Black one. My final question is if I can hard-mod that with one of the modchips out there.

any kind of help would be most generous. Any other WiiKey users having this problem? Maybe my console is just dirty. I've had it for years.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cannot read backlups at all... you need usb loader for new black wiis.

and about the different position problem, I think it's the drive motor that's faulty and not your lense, as gravity might help your motor when in certain positions, but might still be rotating too slow for music games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol