Disk Drive Troubles

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SaSxorz, Apr 3, 2009.

1. SaSxorz
    OP

SaSxorz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    So, a little over a month ago I bought a Flatmii, set it up, everything was fine, both loading games from my computer, using the Flatmii, as well as running disks. Then, about a week ago, I started having problems with my Wii's disk drive - it won't accept disks. I'll push one in to the point where it would normally take it, but it does nothing. I can tell that the disk drive is, in the very least, still receiving power - the eject button works (though nothing comes out, obviously), and when I turn the Wii on, I can hear it working as it normally would when there's no disk in there (though, strangely, the noise it makes when I do lasts longer now, with it not working, than it has before). Booting games using the Flatmii still works perfectly fine, though.

So I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues, either with or without a Flatmii, any potential solutions, or if there's anything I could use to better diagnose what the problem is... or anything. Hopefully my Wii isn't fucked, I decided I'd actually buy the Conduit in June, as opposed to downloading.

2. Zerxer

Zerxer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2007
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I've had it not taking a disc in on its own happen a couple times before and I have a modchip installed but I somehow got it to take it soon after. Never had it throw an error like that though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice