Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^ LOLZ
laugh.gif
Made me crack up

This is most likely the case ;D
Would there be a R4 clone that'll be the first to work on a 3DS as advertised but fails
Not surprising

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DarthTheufel said:
Costello said:
to be honest there isn't much point of having a DSi mode flashcart... considering the quality of DSi only titles...
once again thats just my opinion. I don't even have a DSi lol, just sayin

That's not correct, Costello! There are a lot of well made and good rated DSiWare titels.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/

I paid more for DSiWare than for my DSi so far, and most of the time I didn't regret ist.

No, he's perfectly correct. DSi-exclusive cartridges (all 4 or 5 that there are) are crap, and certainly not worth the time developing a DSi mode cart for.

You can already carry around a ton of DSiWare titles on your handheld without having to drag around cartridges and whatnot, which IMO is one of the (legitimate) advantages of flashcarts for cartridge games. If you need a DSi mode flashcart for DSiWare, then it just means you wnat to rip off DSiWare. It's already dirt cheap; so get a job and pay up.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
DarthTheufel said:
Costello said:
to be honest there isn't much point of having a DSi mode flashcart... considering the quality of DSi only titles...
once again thats just my opinion. I don't even have a DSi lol, just sayin

That's not correct, Costello! There are a lot of well made and good rated DSiWare titels.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/

I paid more for DSiWare than for my DSi so far, and most of the time I didn't regret ist.

No, he's perfectly correct. DSi-exclusive cartridges (all 4 or 5 that there are) are crap, and certainly not worth the time developing a DSi mode cart for.

You can already carry around a ton of DSiWare titles on your handheld without having to drag around cartridges and whatnot, which IMO is one of the (legitimate) advantages of flashcarts for cartridge games. If you need a DSi mode flashcart for DSiWare, then it just means you wnat to rip off DSiWare. It's already dirt cheap; so get a job and pay up.

That's true. DSiWare titles are already so cheap that you can't really ask less than that. you could buy a couple of game with the price of a Wii game, More with the price of a Xbox 360 and a ton with the price of the really good PS3 titles.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I admire the SC team's confidence that they think the DSTWO will work on the 3DS before the method of how the device handles DS mode works is understood. Considering the prior generations. The same hardware existed between the GB and GBC, as did the GBC and GBA (including GB), as GBA and DS (yes, the DS even includes GB/GBC hardware, but the cart slot is not designed to work with the differing voltage GB/GBC games use), which is how backward compatibility exists outside of emulation. However, from DS to 3DS, as far as we know, the 3DS doesn't contain any hardware from the DS (2 ARM11 vs ARM9 + ARM7) with the exception of the card slot imo. It is understood that the ARM11 can run ARM9 native code, but I have yet to find anything saying that it can also run ARM7 native code, which makes me believe that they will have their own custom ARM11 binary to act as an ARM7 substitute (because Nintendo did not allow any developer access to the ARM7 except via APIs through the ARM9 on the DS). Emulating the ARM7 would be a power drain, and I doubt Nintendo would resort to that method. Unless the DSTWO's interface and apps developed specifically for the DSTWO uses the default Nintendo ARM7 binary, then I will imagine it not working on the 3DS.

Just my thought on the matter. If the ARM11 can run ARM7 native code, then I'll need to research a bit more.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rydian said:
dekuleon said:
Seems they are confidend about running 3DS backuped games too.
tpi.gif
That is a joke, right?

No, cuz they sayd in the discussion:

I have asked them if they would work on a 3DS flashcart and 3DS hacking in general when the console would be available, and they said they would definitely do so. They'll be hard at work as soon as they can get their hands on a 3DS. I doubt however that the SCDSTWO itself will be able to play 3DS games, but that's just me.

So, I think they are confident that this will be possible!

To be honest, I THINK it'll be hacked in 2011.

Twin989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is going to use a firmware system identical to the PSP's so hacking it should be fairly easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2