Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, but how can money be used to unlock dlcs on a backup game?

If I buy the DLCs will they be available even if I'm running a backup through my sd card?

Hehe.
He was just trolling you. Its a little complicated to have the DLCs without buying them. Im not sure if its possible to have them without replacing some original characters. You can check some older posts. This topic has been touched before.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe.
He was just trolling you. Its a little complicated to have the DLCs without buying them. Im not sure if its possible to have them without replacing some original characters. You can check some older posts. This topic has been touched before.
Actually, use sm4sh explorer to extract ui_character_db.bin, and on entries 52-58, change line 10 from 1 to 0.

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Not really. If you run SDCafiine from something like loadiine.ovh, you should be fine (I run mods this way)

Dunno what else to do, as a friend has a similar problem, in which he can't run textures from the patch, but he can load custom music just fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He should check his sd card, and you should rebuild the mod with the resource files, or else..... The world would blow up

Sir_Diabeetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there a way to get to use custom moves on DLC characters with modding? I've never heard of anyone mentioning of custom moves at all.

Last edited by Sir_Diabeetus,

zoroarkrules25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am trying to install the basis for hacking on my Smash Wii U. However DDD dump will not dump my game. Whenever I boot the wii U and click X and launch Smash, the game loads normally. Are there any ways to fix this? And launching with A brings me to mii maker.

Swordust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to edit Robin's eye textures. I injected the edited texture, saved it with DXT1 (the only format that worked properly after injecting) and dumped it to check. It looked fine, but in-game, it's a bit glitched.

ANVPpYj.jpg

Any idea what went wrong?

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For ROB even with localization files in place and the proper files in the items folder, his gyro turns invisible and can crash the game when using a new unique costume slot. And with Kirby, even with files in place for the hats that need it (Pac-Man, Wii Fit, DK, Falco, Olimar, Mewtwo), playing as him in a new costume slot seems to freeze Kirby in an inescapable t-pose when he is grabbed and has a copy ability.

Does anyone know the issues here? It seems like in DeadMK's costume pack he released on Twitter, these issues are both resolved and the costumes work fine, but because it's all packed up I can't poke around and see what needs to be changed. I've heard there's similar issues with new costume slots for Yoshi and Dr. Mario...if anyone could fill me in there, that'd be great.

ToonQuill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a consistent issue with my mods. Everything works fine and I'll be playing with friends just fine, but after about an hour, the game will soft-lock once a stage is selected. It'll get stuck on the loading screen which has the tips. I can't find anyway to fix this. It's always consistently about an hour as well. Anyone had this issue before and figured out what's causing it?

Reptitle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone happen to know of a tutorial to read the numbers in the .bin files? I can't seem to understand how they correspond to things.

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
dt00 and dt01 hold all of the game's files (minus the movies and music).
Actually, files that have been touched by updates are in the patch folder (the files that have to be replaced, since there are copies of those files in the dt's, but they're the vanilla versions), I simply cannot dump ui/folders, and I have the dt's and I can't extract those files with sm4shexplorer

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get a screenshot of the Character Select screen so I can show a custom nameplate I've made, but I'm unable to return to use the home button to share the screenshot. Is there another way to grab a screenshot of the CSS that I don't know of? Or a fix for the inability to press home on the CSS?

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get a screenshot of the Character Select screen so I can show a custom nameplate I've made, but I'm unable to return to use the home button to share the screenshot. Is there another way to grab a screenshot of the CSS that I don't know of? Or a fix for the inability to press home on the CSS?

Go to master orders that's how i take screenshots of my CSS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, McDonalds burgers are as small as White castle burgers nowdays , but cost double.