Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

TornRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are the CSPs located? I think DDD dumped Sm4sh incompleted or something because I only get the DLC character portraits, so just want to make sure I'm looking in the correct place
img

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a size limit to csps? I'm freezing on the css whenever I try to add them.

EDIT: That's not it, the original file and the replaced file are both 196kb.

EDIT 2: Can't figure it out.

Last edited by vaanrose,

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright as far as I know, I'm able to extend the track list for stages easily, though the one problem is that unless there is a way to take a copied track from another stage and make it its own song that will work in the stage you are putting tracks into (e.g Midgar), then you aren't going to be able to hear the copied track in that stage since the My Music settings would reset the copied songs to Rarely play, or in this case not play at all since they aren't linked to that stage.

I know I should just wait until we get the ability to freely add and replace tracks through the plugin system in Sm4shExplorer, but God only knows how long that will be, and surely some others likely figured out how to make the new tracks work in the stage, aside from @soneek.
I forget where I heard it, but I remember seeing a message soneek posted either here or on twitter stating that there's 4 different files you have to edit to add new songs to the game and stages.
Assuming that one of those files is only for adding brand new songs to the game, then you still need to edit 3 other files to make it actually work.

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How come the mod isn't loading for me? I loaded the exploit, then SDCafiine, got the coffee cup, pressed A, loaded smash -> No changes
Have you solved the problem? I have this too and it's very annoying...
Has anybody here a solution? I tried with 3 different SD cards, FAT32, NTFS, nothing loads...

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you solved the problem? I have this too and it's very annoying...
Has anybody here a solution? I tried with 3 different SD cards, FAT32, NTFS, nothing loads...
I'm going to assume you don't have the folders set up right. Do you have the patch folder inside a folder named "0005000010144F00" without the quotes? And do you have the mod contents inside that folder and not inside a folder named "release?

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Inside my "patch" folder, my mods are in a "data" folder, like this :
2016-05-08 13_11_38-patch.png

I got the EUR TS4M Pack, because i'm a French PAL User.

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything set up so far. But i'm having a issue with getting the patch to work. I replaced two textures but when i go to check in game they don't show up. Music works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_482.png
    Screenshot_482.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 230

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
Inside my "patch" folder, my mods are in a "data" folder, like this :
View attachment 48370

I got the EUR TS4M Pack, because i'm a French PAL User.

Try to load loadiine, even if you have no games on your SD it should load. If you get "fsgetmountsource failed" Wii U is not reading your SD. Try it, i had that issue.

I have everything set up so far. But i'm having a issue with getting the patch to work. I replaced two textures but when i go to check in game they don't show up. Music works.

Did you put them in the region data forlder (en_us for example)?

Last edited by xKaii,

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to load loadiine, even if you have no games on your SD it should load. If you get "fsgetmountsource failed" Wii U is not reading your SD. Try it, i had that issue.

Did you put them in the region data forlder (en_us for example)?
No put them in the normal data folder. Idk what the issue is lol am i suppose to use my dump of smash or a dump of an update to replace files? When i try to extract zss textures from the update i get a error.

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
OK, quick question, you know the way you can add extra costumes to characters without replacing any? Well, how does this look to someone else playing against you with the vanilla game online? Does it just crash or what?

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
No put them in the normal data folder. Idk what the issue is lol am i suppose to use my dump of smash or a dump of an update to replace files? When i try to extract zss textures from the update i get a error.

Try it, it just takes a sec and you can clear up any doubts

Allig8or

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried out smb123w64gb's Dr. Mario stage over Pacland, but all I get is a green background in-game. Collision itself does work. Meta Crystal also gives me an infinite loading time. This can't be because of me using an EU copy of Smash, right?

Reactions: FlappyFalco

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have "fsgetmountsource failed" but I have "SD mount failed." I guess it's the same thing.

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have "fsgetmountsource failed" but I have "SD mount failed." I guess it's the same thing.

Then you gotta solve that. My problem was my SD adaptor (i'm using a micro SD), i was using and old one and that was the problem. Replacing it for a newer one was my solution.

Reactions: krz0001

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to make a texture. I'm doing the part where u check the model.nut file but i'm getting a error now and i didn't before o-o.

Attachments

• Screenshot_483.png
    Screenshot_483.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 156

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then you gotta solve that. My problem was my SD adaptor (i'm using a micro SD), i was using and old one and that was the problem. Replacing it for a newer one was my solution.
So, I tried with 5 different SD cards, none of them worked.
Maybe my WiiU SD Card reader is broken ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1