Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Try putting on the _NeoDs.ini file:
fat:/roms/neogeo
save it, and try!

I tried this before (with a trailing slash) and it did not work, just tried again without the slash and it still does not work. Strange. As long as I do not create this file it finds ROMs on the SD root just fine...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I get the MaxCrassMethod patch?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-patch-games-with-an-arm7-bin-file.94755/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nds-bootstrap is homebrew that redirects Slot-1 access to SD. This isn't an easy task, since, among other things, DS games can access Slot-1 from either ARM9 or ARM7, but the SD card is only accessible from ARM7.
The latest release now also uses DSi WRAM for data transfer+cache, so the speed is more faster.

Reactions: Felipne87r

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is it's blocked by the HOME Menu, so the various functions just return "nothing to see here, move along".

I'll look into adding the FSUSER_CardSlotIsInserted check tomorrow. I might throw together a simple 3DSX test program that does nothing but print the return value of this function for testing.
Sounds interesting. I wonder if this can be helpful in disabling blocking of CycloDS.

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Just for info

Heroes of might and magic - clash of titans does not work. White Screen and then after some time Black screen.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
My guess is it's blocked by the HOME Menu, so the various functions just return "nothing to see here, move along".

I'll look into adding the FSUSER_CardSlotIsInserted check tomorrow. I might throw together a simple 3DSX test program that does nothing but print the return value of this function for testing.

From what I recall some older flashcarts won't show up in home menu. But after using a CFW like Luma that patches out region checks, my original R4 shows up as a white icon with no text. Does the same occur for CycloDS? I would have thought that flashcart at least had valid banner data though.

In either case, getting CycloDS to show up on Home Menu is pointless at the moment. (unless it's TWLoader that is having trouble with it). CycloDS like other ancient cards use arm7 code/ram entry addresses that TWL_FIRM doesn't like. So even if you could get it to show up on Home Menu, it will show an error once the console reboots into TWL_FIRM. Would be nice to find why TWL_FIRM does that. :P

EDIT: Seems it was TWLoader that wasn't showing it then. Perhaps for a similar reason non region patched Home Menu doesn't show it... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi