Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

vander263

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Robz8, help me, it's the same problem from last time, the TWLoader freezes when veryfing the banners of the games, i've already deleted the bnricons and nothing, what i need to do?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when u format, you don't lose the Emunand partition?
When you format, you will lose EmuNAND, so that's why you backup EmuNAND, first. You can use Decrypt9 to backup EmuNAND.
And of course, all of your files in the regular partition will be gone, so back them up as well.

vander263

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh ok, so when i backup all files from the SD, format it, and put it back, the CTRBOOTMANAGER should work with HBL right? it doesn't depend on EmuNand right?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, so when i backup all files from the SD, format it, and put it back, the CTRBOOTMANAGER should work with HBL right? it doesn't depend on EmuNand right?
Yes.
Oh, after you backed up all of your files, including EmuNAND.bin, format the SD with EmuNAND9, so you'll still have an EmuNAND partition to restore on.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 it would be a cool feature to have some sort of system where it scans the games and downloads the per app settings as they are tested and found what settings work best for which games. Anyways keep up the great work as always.

Reactions: Stack3r

ClockSmasher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the latest stable 6.6 release of Luma, the latest A9LH, etc. Games just have rather long load times (I tried New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64 DS - the former is so slow that it appears to freeze on a white screen when booting, but the 3DS itself isn't frozen) which might just be because of the relatively slower speeds of SD cards compared to cartridges, but there is also audio crackling. My R4i Gold, however, runs absolutely fine when booting through TWLoader, as if I had just launched it from the home menu. Clock rate settings in TWLoader make no difference.
Would like to double this notion with my own experience. Playing SM64DS and the load times are abysmal. Also audio crackling. I thought this was supposed to load up digital forms of DS games to run in the nds bootstrap? If so, then why is there so much difficulty in running these properly? I mean I get the code's still pretty early, but from what I understand, the nds bootstrap is already a standard in all 3DS consoles, and is the firmware to read NDS game cartridges in the first place, right?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would like to double this notion with my own experience. Playing SM64DS and the load times are abysmal. Also audio crackling. I thought this was supposed to load up digital forms of DS games to run in the nds bootstrap? If so, then why is there so much difficulty in running these properly? I mean I get the code's still pretty early, but from what I understand, the nds bootstrap is already a standard in all 3DS consoles, and is the firmware to read NDS game cartridges in the first place, right?
nds-bootstrap is homebrew that redirects Slot-1 access to SD. This isn't an easy task, since, among other things, DS games can access Slot-1 from either ARM9 or ARM7, but the SD card is only accessible from ARM7.

You're thinking of TWL_FIRM, which is used for DS mode in general (and by nds-bootstrap), but doesn't have the ability to run DS games from SD card at all.

ClockSmasher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds-bootstrap is homebrew that redirects Slot-1 access to SD. This isn't an easy task, since, among other things, DS games can access Slot-1 from either ARM9 or ARM7, but the SD card is only accessible from ARM7.

You're thinking of TWL_FIRM, which is used for DS mode in general (and by nds-bootstrap), but doesn't have the ability to run DS games from SD card at all.
Oh, alright. Do I need nds-bootstrap to run TWLoader more effectively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.