Hardware Disc Wave

s-arash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hen i insert the disc on my xbox one for the first time , some waves appears on the disc
but this just happens on my xbox , it doesnt happen on my friend's xbox , is this normal or not?

13907583254886562852.jpg

D

Deleted User

its permanent

The best guess I can make right now would be that your Xbox is so warm that it's actually causing damage to the disc.
The last time I saw something at least vaguely similar to this on a disc was when TechRax microwaved a GTAV disc, but that was worse.
It's readable, right?

Reactions: s-arash

s-arash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best guess I can make right now would be that your Xbox is so warm that it's actually causing damage to the disc.
The last time I saw something at least vaguely similar to this on a disc was when TechRax microwaved a GTAV disc, but that was worse.
It's readable, right?
yeah , just some waves happens on it
i have this problem from the purchase day
first i thought its the titanfall disc problem, but i got sunset overdrive today and the same thing happend

D

Deleted User

yeah , just some waves happens on it
i have this problem from the purchase day
first i thought its the titanfall disc problem, but i got sunset overdrive today and the same thing happend

Is your Xbox in an area where there's more items around it, like other consoles on top of it?
If you move other items farther away from the Xbox, then it will have better cooling, so this may not happen again in the future.

s-arash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your Xbox in an area where there's more items around it, like other consoles on top of it?
If you move other items farther away from the Xbox, then it will have better cooling, so this may not happen again in the future.

i dont think i have cooling problem, my xbox is on the glass table and there's nothing on the top of it

D

Deleted User

i dont think i have cooling problem, my xbox is on the glass table and there's nothing on the top of it

Oh, hm... I don't know what it would be, then.
As long as it doesn't ruin your discs, I imagine it will be fine to just leave it like that.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's completely fine. If you are truly uncomfortable and think it's a detriment to the value of your game collection, then do what you feel is right, but personally I would just accept it.

soapgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is normal, all the blurays i own have these waves on them if you look at them in certain lighting conditions (ie: for me these are only visible when my table lamp is on which uses CFL bulbs, but if my overhead light is on with Incandescent bulbs it doesnt appear at all)

example, this is my bloodborne bluray
http://i.imgur.com/YxRCdaO.jpg

and here is my sunset overdrive bluray
http://i.imgur.com/jtuDRPX.jpg

you also can only view this effect under certain lighting, which might be why you havent noticed it on disks around your friend's xbox, might just be different lighting

this is the same sunset overdrive disk with the incandescent light turned on, and the CFL light turned off..
http://i.imgur.com/OBkbsM3.jpg

s-arash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after sending my xbox to the technical support , i've found that its normal on all blu-ray disk of xbox games
it depends on the lighting condition , depends on the type of light you have , you may see the ripples on the disc when you are looking and the back of the xbox game

thanks for helping me guys

D

Deleted User

Depending on the glass's properties it could reflect heat back into your console.
Black painted wood is best because it absorbs the heat like a heatsink (unless its a combustion prone type of wood then it might catch fire.)

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up