Disc Red error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by darkbillie, Dec 24, 2011.

Dec 24, 2011

Disc Red error by darkbillie at 1:18 AM (375 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. darkbillie
    OP

Newcomer darkbillie Advanced Member

Netherlands
    starting today im playing on my wii again for well some relaxing games ...but for some reason if i try out the new Kamen Rider and Kirby's advanture...all im getting is a disc read error

i did install the latest version off cIOSX rev21d2x and currently im running 3.2E (so i could run games trough the disk channel without to much of an hassle) Every other old games seems to work but these newer games arent...am i missing an IOS or something?

the wii is hardmodded with a chip (wiikey v1.9s) and softmodded....so anyways am i missing a newer ios so i could run these games trough the disc channel or atleast with gecko(or another disc program)?

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    you disc drive is dead. get a usb loader to enjoy your wii longer and better

3. darkbillie
    OP

Netherlands
    How can it be dead while older games still work on it....i mean the new games so boot up and everything but then after a couple min i get the disc read error...so it must be an ios then

EDIT: just took a look at the usb loader gx and it does look pretty good think its just better to go with the usb..cause it seema that the dvd drive is to old to be updated

4. wiisixtyfour

Member wiisixtyfour GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah the drive is not dead, just old. Some old drives have a hard time with newer games.

5. darkbillie
    OP

Netherlands
    Seema like it...so ye lets give the usb loader a try and see if i can get it working xS

EDIT: well ive tried it and once again i couldnt get the USB to work (just a simple 16 GB flashdrive) ill just kepe messing around with it and if all else fails...buy a new HDD xD

EDIT2: it was basicly USB Loader GX who was being a pain...tried another one and it works perfectly