Hacking Disc read error on all backups

selyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to burn, I have a good burner and my discs are above par.

I have tried several 0.3g versions but haven't tried softchip yet (trying to find a compiled r75)

Is there some way for me to check the disc images?
I did patch them with WiiBrickBlocker and it recognized them so I suppose the images are good.

I used the cios installer that came with 0.3g (the one I downloaded anyway) and it updated with no errors so I suppose I'm using the correct cios
when I load backup launcher, at the bottom, it shows cios 249

so far, I have burned 11 backups, all of which show WORKING on the compatibility list but only 3 worked for me on 0.3b and seems the same for 0.3 gamma

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know you said you've tried several 0.3g versions but just throwing it out there... I have to force ntsc on almost every game I play for some reason. Did you try that version out very thoroughly/have you tried forcing ntsc on the "bad" burns?

ita54

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I do it so!If you get a errors by installing custom ios with the cios installer you need install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad manualli (If wadmanager give a error by installing than install ciosfix.wad first)with wadmanager from wad folder and than you start the cios installer if it wont give errors your problem is OUT!
Sorry for my english!I am an Italian guy in Germany from 1989!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, i have a bad day today, so you don't need to answer my question, it's very evil:
May i ask which 3 games work with DVD+Rs without bitsetting?

bigflause

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do you use disk labels? I burned a load of verbatims and they verified fine but every single disk game me read errors during play. It turned out the lables where causing some issues when the disk was hot.

burned and didn't use lables and they are fine now.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ga1l0w said:
Verbatim DVD-R ftw. Also use imgburn and burn them at 2x, and then imgburn will verify the contents.

Never had a bad burn yet.

i do NOT understand why people recommend burning @ 2X or 4X or anything so rediculously slow!! it doesnt matter!! unless your dvd burner is crap and 6 years old then OK this might help .

i have NEVER had issues burning all my games @ 16X on any of my 3 dvd burners (liteon, LG, samsung).

god dammit, im sorry im bitter but it pisses me off when people recommend burning @ a lower speed, if you have good media and any half assed burner you are FINE. and for those that buy crap media, cough up the extra 4 bucks and by the good stuff, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, burning at 16x on nero put up a fight with disk read errors. If I had to wait another 10 min for my games to have a better chance of working, I'd do it. That's how it is for me.

I told him to use imgburn because he wanted something to check his disks, which imgburn does.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like a bad cios installation, when installing the cios you MUST not have any usb devices pluged in including wiimote chargers!!! (i had major issues with cios installation when i had to downgrade from 3.4 and my problem was my charger i even formated having to back up all my saves witch if you've ever done you will know it's a complete ball ache to re-install them!!!!!!!!!)

oh and also, no GC cards

selyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kremmy said:
I know you said you've tried several 0.3g versions but just throwing it out there... I have to force ntsc on almost every game I play for some reason. Did you try that version out very thoroughly/have you tried forcing ntsc on the "bad" burns?
I've tested 3 as of typing this post but this doesnt seem to help
I changed it in options, I haven't tried a ForceNTSC version yet

ita54 said:
I do it so!If you get a errors by installing custom ios with the cios installer you need install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad manualli (If wadmanager give a error by installing than install ciosfix.wad first)with wadmanager from wad folder and than you start the cios installer if it wont give errors your problem is OUT!
Sorry for my english!I am an Italian guy in Germany from 1989!!
I'm a little lost with this post
I didn't have any errors installing the cios that came with 0.3g nor did I have any errors using WAD manager to install a 0.3g autoboot channel so I 'suppose' I don't have any cios errors. When the cios installer ran, it said downloading files from the internet and it printed that it finished with no errors and then rebooted just fine.

WiiPower said:
Sorry, i have a bad day today, so you don't need to answer my question, it's very evil:
May i ask which 3 games work with DVD+Rs without bitsetting?
All my discs are bitset to -R, I guess you skimmed the post wrong?

bigflause said:
do you use disk labels? I burned a load of verbatims and they verified fine but every single disk game me read errors during play. It turned out the lables where causing some issues when the disk was hot.

burned and didn't use lables and they are fine now.
no disk labels

Posts merged

Valgreen said:
i do NOT understand why people recommend burning @ 2X or 4X or anything so rediculously slow!! it doesnt matter!! unless your dvd burner is crap and 6 years old then OK this might help .

i have NEVER had issues burning all my games @ 16X on any of my 3 dvd burners (liteon, LG, samsung).

god dammit, im sorry im bitter but it pisses me off when people recommend burning @ a lower speed, if you have good media and any half assed burner you are FINE. and for those that buy crap media, cough up the extra 4 bucks and by the good stuff, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!
You can pretty much rule out any disc quality problems with me, like I said, I know what I'm doing just as well as Valgreen (as far as burning anyway) my problem is related to the cios, wiigator, or disc images somehow

QUOTE(Ga1l0w @ Jan 2 2009, 05:57 PM) Well, burning at 16x on nero put up a fight with disk read errors. If I had to wait another 10 min for my games to have a better chance of working, I'd do it. That's how it is for me.

I told him to use imgburn because he wanted something to check his disks, which imgburn does.
no, I asked for something to check the disc images, the burn quality is fine, I quit verifying discs several years ago
I verify several burns when I change the burner, media, or OS but as long as everything looks consistent then I quit checking them

QUOTE(nutta_nic @ Jan 2 2009, 06:23 PM)
sounds like a bad cios installation...oh and also, no GC cards
I agree
QUOTE(nutta_nic @ Jan 2 2009, 06:23 PM)
... when installing the cios you MUST not have any usb devices pluged in including wiimote chargers!!! (i had major issues with cios installation when i had to downgrade from 3.4 and my problem was my charger i even formated having to back up all my saves witch if you've ever done you will know it's a complete ball ache to re-install them!!!!!!!!!)

oh and also, no GC cards
I didn't have anything plugged into the wii at all except AC, AV, IR receiver, and SD

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiU1.1 for checking the images, it'll can tell you if the size is correct, the name, the ID, patch the .iso to any region and remove the update; are you in 3.3 or 3.4??

selyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
WiU1.1 for checking the images, it'll can tell you if the size is correct, the name, the ID, patch the .iso to any region and remove the update...

Oh yeah, that is what I used to remove update files from all of these games, it reported no problems

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
seriuosly you don't know??
wtf.gif
well go to Wii_settings/Configurations and then look on the right upper part of the screen:
IMG_0608.jpg

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I've never had a failed burn, im using Maxell discs, the ones that have Yellow on top, and burning all my games at 4x, they are 2nd class discs tho according to digitalFAQ, but I've been using them for a while and to me i classify them as 1st class disks lol,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...