Hacking disc read error 1101 ... plz help

Cobra007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I've just successfully installed homebrew and all the other stuff but then i put in the backup disc, start neogamma, press launch dvd and i get "disc read error 1101" tried another one and still the same problem.

I'm using imageburn at 2x writing speed with Memorex DVD-RW .

so what should i do?????

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google says error 1101 is caused from a lack of cIOS. Try installing cIOS again and make sure you don't get any errors. Have you tried any other games?

Cobra007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
Google says error 1101 is caused from a lack of cIOS. Try installing cIOS again and make sure you don't get any errors. Have you tried any other games?

well I just installed cios38 rev14 and I'm still getting this message and i tried another game as well but still

i'll just list the things i've done so far maybe they can be of any help:

- installed homebrew
- installed dvdx
- didn't install bootmii as it couldn't install as boot2 so i thought it would be useless
then through the homebre
- installed cios36 and now i've upgraded to cios38 as i said
- installed cmios rev3
- installed wad manager
- installed neogamma

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cobra007 said:
Deviyl said:

well I just installed cios38 rev14 and I'm still getting this message and i tried another game as well but still

i'll just list the things i've done so far maybe they can be of any help:

- installed homebrew
- installed dvdx
- didn't install bootmii as it couldn't install as boot2 so i thought it would be useless
then through the homebre
- installed cios36 and now i've upgraded to cios38 as i said
- installed cmios rev3
- installed wad manager
- installed neogamma

If you have an original Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc, try loading that and see if that works. If it doesn't, or at least sometimes gives you some disc read errors or something, then you may just have a dirty lens and can try using THIS to fix the problem.

Edit: Other possibilities: If you are on a system menu thats higher than 3.2, then directly installing a cIOS would not have worked. Are you sure they installed successfully and didn't give some error at the end before going back to the HBC?

If that is the case then you have to run the Trucha Bug Restorer first and have it downgrade IOS15 first, then run it again using IOS15 and then go to the IOS36 menu and install an IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify, and then run it again from IOS36 and restore IOS15.

Then run the cIOS rev14 installer and have that use IOS36 when it prompts for it and then do a network installation or wad installation after getting the IOS38 wad if you dont have wifi..

Also, don't burn at 2x, a good speed is half of the maximum speed the dvd supports.

If none of those work, you may want to try different media for your discs like normal DVD-R's

Cobra007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
If you have an original Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc, try loading that and see if that works. If it doesn't, or at least sometimes gives you some disc read errors or something, then you may just have a dirty lens and can try using THIS to fix the problem.

Edit: Other possibilities: If you are on a system menu thats higher than 3.2, then directly installing a cIOS would not have worked. Are you sure they installed successfully and didn't give some error at the end before going back to the HBC?

If that is the case then you have to run the Trucha Bug Restorer first and have it downgrade IOS15 first, then run it again using IOS15 and then go to the IOS36 menu and install an IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify, and then run it again from IOS36 and restore IOS15.

Then run the cIOS rev14 installer and have that use IOS36 when it prompts for it and then do a network installation or wad installation after getting the IOS38 wad if you dont have wifi..

Also, don't burn at 2x, a good speed is half of the maximum speed the dvd supports.

If none of those work, you may want to try different media for your discs like normal DVD-R's

I've done the trucha bug restorer and everything like your said then i reinstalled the cios rev14 but still i put the disc in, start the neogamma channel, press launch dvd and i get that silly message. the only thing left for me is to try another media unless you know any other solution. can i try the backup launcher? would it make any difference???
thanks anyway

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... most of you should have seen his problem immediately.

DVD-RW

The Wii simply does NOT like RW discs. Man up, and use a DVD-R and go ahead and burn it at 4 speed at least.

and by "man up" I mean stop using an RW disc because you are affraid to waste a 30 cent disc if it doesn't work.

Cobra007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
Wow... most of you should have seen his problem immediately.

DVD-RW

The Wii simply does NOT like RW discs. Man up, and use a DVD-R and go ahead and burn it at 4 speed at least.

and by "man up" I mean stop using an RW disc because you are affraid to waste a 30 cent disc if it doesn't work.

Thanks, i don't have any DVD-R right now but i'll buy today and give it a try. i just use DVD-RW coz i feel they're more convenient, if i make a mistake i can erase n burn and so on, instead of having a pile of unusable dvd's. thanks again.

akempy

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same error when i did my friends wii
managed to get round it by using dvd+r discs
strange but true
hope this helps other people with this error

dswoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cobra007 said:
so I've just successfully installed homebrew and all the other stuff but then i put in the backup disc, start neogamma, press launch dvd and i get "disc read error 1101" tried another one and still the same problem.

so what should i do?????
try burning with cd burner xp i was getting same error and burned two games succesfully with this mg2 and nsmb i tried img burn but couldnt use it no probs with other make sure u use dvd-r or wii wont read it and use memorex or something of equal quaility and if it works pass the word lets make this easier for all us noobs out here as were called

BigSteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dswoman said:
Cobra007 said:

so what should i do?????
try burning with cd burner xp i was getting same error and burned two games succesfully with this mg2 and nsmb i tried img burn but couldnt use it no probs with other make sure u use dvd-r or wii wont read it and use memorex or something of equal quaility and if it works pass the word lets make this easier for all us noobs out here as were called

Just curious, why would you randomly bring up and comment on a post that is 8 months old???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.