Hacking Disappearing games from emunand

• Thread starter Deleted-368796
  • Start date
  • Views 3,302
  • Replies 15
D

Deleted-368796

OP
Hope I am posting this in the right place. Did not really see an existing thread that addressed my concern.

So, I have a weird issue. I have installed 2 games in particular that do not show up in my emunand menu after they have been installed. The games exist, they are there.
I can open Title Manager and launch both from their respective title IDs (which is a pain to look through the list and figure out which is which).

What I have found though is if I run Eshop/Region spoofer and only select "region patch", when the app exits both games show up on the menu as new software along with the empty box and youtube app.

The 2 games that are giving me issues are "Pazuru S.A.D. Gmbh" and "Xenoblade Chronicles"

After a reboot back into emunand, both are gone again. Run the Eshop spoof app again... POOF they show up again.

I am currently running the latest version of Rei on 9.5 FW. This problem was present on the older versions of Rei that I was running as well.
And I just installed Pazuru a few days ago. It installed fine and was showing in the menu as per normal when installing a CIA. Guess it had disappeared after a reboot which I had not noticed till today.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm stumped. LoL

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games you can't see are not fw spoofed. If your emunand, even on certain cfw, isn't updated or spoofed they won't show. I just get the .3ds version and convert and fw spoof the .cia and its good.

Last edited by Ripper00420,
D

Deleted-368796

OP
I had thought of this, but some how could not make sense of it.
Why would they only show up when I apply the region spoof via the Eshop spoof app?
To me it sounded more like the CIAs installed were not spoofed to Region Free, which is weird since I have installed other EU games that were not.
Is my logic close?

D

Deleted-368796

OP
we posted at the same time, but yes. Pretty sure that Xeno is EU. But like I stated before your post, I have installed other EU games and they all appear on the emunand menu just fine. Xeno has always been this way.
Honestly, I would rather not have to uninstall/convert .3ds/reinstall if I do not have to. Not only will that take forever, but I am not sure my save game would survive the migration.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games you can't see are not fw spoofed. If your emunand, even on certain cfw, isn't updated or spoofed they won't show. I just get the .3ds version and convert and fw spoof the .cia and its good.

No, games that are not firmware spoofed will still show in emunand but when you try to run them they will will give you an error screen and tell you to press the power button until the system turns off.

we posted at the same time, but yes. Pretty sure that Xeno is EU. But like I stated before your post, I have installed other EU games and they all appear on the emunand menu just fine. Xeno has always been this way.
Honestly, I would rather not have to uninstall/convert .3ds/reinstall if I do not have to. Not only will that take forever, but I am not sure my save game would survive the migration.

Games that don't show up in the menu are games from other regions, you say that you are sure that is a EUR rom, but unless you dumped it yourself you really can't be sure.

If you actually downloaded the game from some website,there is also the possibility that the uploader could have confused the files and upload a cia from another region.

Some CFW such as rxTools have "region free", that is why you can still play them from the title manager even if you can't see them in the menu.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
If your CIAs are out of region, they won't appear in your home menu.

Install FBi and launch out of region games that way. Just don't press the home button mid-game or else your console will freeze and all your progress lost.

I have had CIAs disappear from my home menu when my nands were linked.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
sometimes it happens, some uploaders claimed the cia to be region free, but they might have not realized that they made a mistake when choosing the convert options
in short, if the out of region game icon doesn't show up then it's not really region free

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, games that are not firmware spoofed will still show in emunand but when you try to run them they will will give you an error screen and tell you to press the power button until the system turns off.

Games that don't show up in the menu are games from other regions, you say that you are sure that is a EUR rom, but unless you dumped it yourself you really can't be sure.

If you actually downloaded the game from some website,there is also the possibility that the uploader could have confused the files and upload a cia from another region.

Some CFW such as rxTools have "region free", that is why you can still play them from the title manager even if you can't see them in the menu.
Ehh not fw/regoin spoofed, same outcome not going to run. but you are 100% correct sir.

D

Deleted-368796

OP
Thanks for the input guys.
Yes it is a downloaded CIA. At the time I downloaded this version, believe it was the only one available. I have a retail US cart, but since I have a N3DS I was unable to dump all the necessary files to make a CIA. That possibility may have changed since then.

As far as the game freezing if you hit the Home button during gameplay... I have found that to be true if you launched the game via Title Manager(BigBlue) or FBI.
HOWEVER....................... If you use the Eshop spoofer to apply the Region patch, your games will show up in the Home menu. IF you are playing the game from the Home menu, the game will NOT freeze if you hit the Home button. You can resume the game just like any other title without the system hanging.

So I guess its not that bad. I just figured out the advantage of using the Eshop spoof as of the posting of this thread.
Suck that the game titles will not display on emunand start-up, but it only takes seconds to apply the Region fix with the Eshop spoofer.
For now I think that will work fine for me.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 reasons, more than 255 games installed. or out of region game.
you have to wait for rf patch to kick in so it will re-appear as gift.

Actually I believe it's 300 games is the limit.

But if that isn't the issue, OP, do you also have NTR cfw installed? If not, get it, run ntr in your emunand, and then they should reappear in your menu, open the presents and the titles should stick around (if the 300 game limit isn't the problem). However, while they should stick around for you, you will need to run NTR before playing the games in question anytime you restart your emunand, but that should stop games from disappearing for you, worked with me with a title that wasn't region spoofed.

D

Deleted-368796

OP
Actually I believe it's 300 games is the limit.

But if that isn't the issue, OP, do you also have NTR cfw installed?

LoL I am NO where near that limit. Maybe take out a zero or 2.
Have not been able to get NTR to run. I'm on the latest Rei release, but it still refuses to run.
Thought it was my old Rei ver that kept it from running.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah F'n hell.... I just tried to run NTR again and it hung up at the patchingSVC check
Now my emunand refuses to boot.... what do I do now??

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LoL I am NO where near that limit. Maybe take out a zero or 2.
Have not been able to get NTR to run. I'm on the latest Rei release, but it still refuses to run.
Thought it was my old Rei ver that kept it from running.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah F'n hell.... I just tried to run NTR again and it hung up at the patchingSVC check
Now my emunand refuses to boot.... what do I do now??

NTR can sometimes be a little fickle, it's very possible that you aren't doing anything wrong, just keep trying to run NTR. Does it at least attempt to load? If it loads but does a code dump, just turn your 3ds off and try it again. However if NTR doesn't show anything when you attempt to run it, then I don't know what the issue would be.

NTR crashing shouldn't stop the emunand from loading, just keep trying to restart the emu and until it boots again, you should be fine.

Last edited by duffmmann,
D

Deleted-368796

OP
It finally decided to start up after many attempts. I ended up running FBI through HBmenu, restarted console, ran Rei. Booted that time.
Was afraid to run NTR again.... LoL
So ran it and it errors out saying it cant load the .bin file. Maybe I have a bad DLd.

Edit: So yeah, redownloaded the newest ver again and it runs now. I do not have the option to change the clock speed in the NTR menu tho.
The 2 games I was having an issue with do reappear after NTR is loaded, however disappear on reboot. Run NTR again, they show back up but need to be unwrapped again. LoL

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wrong word your using there the correct word is Region Free

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E