::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I know I may sound stupid but it happens every time a good game is out in Japanese, the boards flood with translation request topics which only result in flame/spam replies.You should actually consider to disallow creating translation request topics or create a subforum within the Nds - rom hacking and translations forum for translation requests.
translation requests have really gotten out of hand lately and I just thought I'd post my thoughts.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Glacius0 +1

@Raestloz I think we all predicted pokemon doing that.

psycoblaster said:
the rom hack section can be split! to a section for romhackers to discuss, and a section for the non- romhackers (don't want to be offensive XP) to request, ask for help, etc.

It has been tried (acmlm's board being the most notable of these although some of the "big" SNES groups pulled similar stunts) and only really serves to split the community which is the last thing we need here.
Maybe we can put a spin on it and either heavily moderate the forum (as was the case with pokesav) or put bad requests in a subforum.
I do not want to see a redirect for new members but if it gets really bad then maybe it is worth considering. Failing that a post confirmation box containing just that (although I know full well it will just become a blind click for some (maybe a timer or a checked scrollbox if it can be done).

QUOTE(psycoblaster @ Sep 16 2008, 12:13 PM) FAST wrote up a very nice document with LOTS of useful links, romhacking.net has some starting tutorials including useful tools.

I have a new guide that should hopefully trounce whatever I have already got there, this time I want to finish it* before general release as times when I put out a half finished guide (like what exists now) tends to make almost lose interest. If nothing else it will make the collection of info a bit more readable.

*I may have to tone down the wii and GC worked examples as I am not so hot on that area (no chipped GC and my wii is not fixed despite it being 10 minutes and free to do for me).

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
@Glacius0 +1

@Raestloz I think we all predicted pokemon doing that.

psycoblaster said:
the rom hack section can be split! to a section for romhackers to discuss, and a section for the non- romhackers (don't want to be offensive XP) to request, ask for help, etc.

It has been tried (acmlm's board being the most notable of these although some of the "big" SNES groups pulled similar stunts) and only really serves to split the community which is the last thing we need here.
Maybe we can put a spin on it and either heavily moderate the forum (as was the case with pokesav) or put bad requests in a subforum.
I do not want to see a redirect for new members but if it gets really bad then maybe it is worth considering. Failing that a post confirmation box containing just that (although I know full well it will just become a blind click for some (maybe a timer or a checked scrollbox if it can be done).

QUOTE(psycoblaster @ Sep 16 2008, 12:13 PM) FAST wrote up a very nice document with LOTS of useful links, romhacking.net has some starting tutorials including useful tools.

I have a new guide that should hopefully trounce whatever I have already got there, this time I want to finish it* before general release as times when I put out a half finished guide (like what exists now) tends to make almost lose interest. If nothing else it will make the collection of info a bit more readable.

*I may have to tone down the wii and GC worked examples as I am not so hot on that area (no chipped GC and my wii is not fixed despite it being 10 minutes and free to do for me).

well even though that old guide was text heavy and started to get unorganized,... I thought it was something that was worth reading.

Well yeah, once you think about it, the percentages of the romhackers and the others will have a huge difference, and even if there is a new subforum for romhackers, less than 10 people will be in it anyways.
(which is kinda... fail. translation projects rarely occur here, so it wouldn't work)
but JPH needs to be far more serious for this section, rather than moderating other people's blogs.

But I just don't like useful threads being pushed back deep into page 6 because of the thoughtless threads that are being created. Deufeufeu's threads are a great example - none of them were useless. But they have been buried deep down there. And in 5 months, somebody bumps it with the lamest thing they can ever say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.