Gaming Disabled Steam Account

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone explain to me how/what this means and how long I might have to wait before getting a response. I purchased the Orange Box, as some of you know, during the BF sale at Best Buy (half price)... Enjoyed all the games, particularly TF2 and Portal. Meanwhile, stuff has been going on, I haven't beaten portal (or the entire HL2 saga up to this point) but that's another story. Xmas/end of year rolls around and they have a big sale. I buy a couple more games, Psychonauts, Geometry Wars, etc. All through a Paypal account I've used for years. The last purchase was Bioshock for like 38 bucks as opposed to 49.99.

I have been enjoying Bioshock, and I'm I think halfway through it. Anyhow, I finally get a chance for the first time in a few days to sit down and play a bit. Steam is always up, but It says it needs to update. Fine. Update. Then it restarts, and prompts me to login. I do, and it says my account is disabled.

Fast forward to some frantic google searches, and going to Steam's website, I file a report, get a case # or whatever... Send a reply with some info like what I purchased and when...

I can't play the offline games either? WTF? I have a hard copy of Orange Box, and it's apparently no good, I have no clue what happens to Psychonauts and the point and click adventures I love so dear.

So, I did send in the report. How long do I have to sit on my hands? I guess there's not a 1800 # to call, I contacted the one Valve # I could find and hit someone's voicemail...

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
this exactly is the point, I boykott Valve for steam.
I bought Halflife 1 and CS but sadly stopped buying valve products since their invention of Steam.

I feel bad for you...but head up...there are a lot more fun games :-)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this exactly is the point, I boykott Valve for steam.
I bought Halflife 1 and CS but sadly stopped buying valve products since their invention of Steam.

I feel bad for you...but head up...there are a lot more fun games :-)

Thanks. I am hoping to hear back from them soon. I'm getting more upset the more I think about it, as I paid for Orange Box in a store and for a handful of offline games (including Bioshock) and now I can't even launch them? I better be able to get my money back.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You won't get money back. It's either they activate the account , or it stays disabled and you get nothing. Sucks but that's just the way it is.Steam gives valve far to much control , as you see. Disabled account and can't even play offline. Yet for some reason people support it.

Although there is hope. As steam has already been active and has decrypted all the GCF files , you should be able to play without it as there are various launchers and cracked clients around that function with pre decrypted files.

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You won't get money back. It's either they activate the account , or it stays disabled and you get nothing. Sucks but that's just the way it is.Steam gives valve far to much control , as you see. Disabled account and can't even play offline. Yet for some reason people support it.

Although there is hope. As steam has already been active and has decrypted all the GCF files , you should be able to play without it as there are various launchers and cracked clients around that function with pre decrypted files.

Yeah, he's right, you can still play offline while you wait. google "steam-buster revolution"

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
PacSteam works too.
Is there any reason why they would have disabled your account? Funny business with credit cards? A second hand account?
I had a mate whos account got disabled because he had bought it off some guy selling mass accounts.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It got reactivated within 24 hours, and since then, I haven't been having much in the way of trouble, I think of the helpful things was to change my login name and my display name. Still wasn't given a reason as to what exactly happened. Kinda weird, looking back on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!