Direct copy Wii games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by alex, Nov 4, 2008.

Nov 4, 2008

Direct copy Wii games by alex at 1:53 AM (3,679 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. alex
    OP

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Any possible way I could directly copy Wii games without a special drive or dumping it over Wi-Fi? I want to copy my cousin's Pokemon Battle Revolution(I sold mine for Brawl) to a DVD for the backup-loader, just in case I want to play some day. Nero won't recognise it, neither will anything I have? Any special DVD copier?

2. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    no there is no way.

- lg dvd drives
    - dumping to front sd card
    - dumping via sd gecko
    - dumping via usb gecko
    - dumping via wifi/ethernet

did i forgot any?

3. Zeek03

Member Zeek03 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You forgot USB Flash drives

4. GhostSonic

Member GhostSonic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That never work.

5. theotherfreakygu

Newcomer theotherfreakygu Advanced Member

United States
    There isn't direct, but if you have a USBGecko then you can get the ISO and burn it yourself.

6. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    ääääh? Did you notice, that there were allready people before you that talked about different ways to dump dames, including USB-Gecko, but also others like Waninkokos backup program?

7. jam3972

Newcomer jam3972 Member

United States
    dump it via the internet

if you get my drift...

8. alex
    OP

United States
    Wi-Fi dumping hates me so I'm doing it over SD card. But I moved the first part to my desktop and put it back in and gave me an error and exited. [​IMG] Now it has to start over.

And when I get them all how do I merge them?

9. GhostSonic

United States
    What exactly is the problem with the wifi dumper?

and to merge, you have to do something like "copy /b part1.iso + part2.iso merged.iso" in command prompt.

10. alex
    OP

United States
    okay thanks

DS Wi-Fi dumper doesn't work for me, I might have messed up on settings on the FTP server, probably same with Wii

And would wanin' update his program to support SDHC? I have an 8GB not even half full. [​IMG] Hell of a lot easier!

11. GhostSonic

United States
    Waninkoko might update it some time to support SDHC, you'd still have to split it because of FAT32's file size limitation (4GB per file)

Also, the WiFi dumper dumps through an internet browser, not a silly FTP server. Just make sure you don't save the iso to FAT/FAT32 drive like I tried to a couple times. It's possible to convert FAT/32 to NTFS on windows. (You can't do that to SD cards though, if that's what you were thinking. Only hard drives)

12. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ya, just do that as long as your router isn't really bad at blocking connections you should be fine. You just open up the ip it gives u in a browser on you're pc and it dls over wifi. Also, it is MUCH faster than normal downloads; I have Qwest which locks my real DL speed to 156KB/sec, and with the dumper I get a constant 520KB+/sec, took like 45 minutes to dumb SA2B, takes like 2.5 hours for Wii games, which is about as fast any dumping method gets right now.

13. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    I had problems with the most up to date version of internet explorer for 'wiifii' dumping - i tried firefox and it worked perfeclty.

14. Ajax

Newcomer Ajax Member

United States
    I also had problems using IE to dump a game, definitely try Firefox. Its so much less of a hassle to dump over wifi. Just type your Wii's IP address into the web browser (IE 192.168.0.101) and your browser should automagically add the http:// part and you should be served a nice pretty little HTML page with a "link" to the ISO in your Wii's disc drive.

15. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    No. Wii games use a non-standard format. Blank discs and PC readers or burners designed specificially for Wii, are not available to the general public.

You'll need to use special methods such as wi-fi, raw dumping with certain DVD drives, etc.

It's not currently possible to simply make an ISO the usual way, like one could for a traditional data CD or DVD.