OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok

here is how I got dipstar to work on a G6 Lite

1. get dipstar, 5.11
2. copy dipstar.ds.gba just like a gameboy game in the G6 loader, (dont worry about the .sav)
3. inside the 5.11 rar is a program called m3dip.exe
4. get the rom you want to use codes on and drag it on top of m3dip.exe and push enter when promted
5. copy your new "dipped" nds game onto your G6 as normal
6. Here is where somepeople have the problem, in the NDSMode menu, go to "my card" and to the "Gba" folder. Highlight dipstar.ds.gba and Press X. Lots of people say to press A but you'll just get 2 white screens. Once X is pressed, you'll get the loady circle and it will be very quick.
7. Go to back to the NDSgame menu and Select the game you used on the m3dip.exe
8. Press A and as fast as you can before the circle finishes Hold the L button down.
9. The Game Boy into screen should pop up ontop of your NDS G6 menu
10. Select a "button" to save the codes to (A,B,X,Y ect..)
11. Enter your Dipstar Codes and push start to save them
12. Turn off your NDS
13. Turn on your NDS and higlight the now coded game, and press A to load
14. and just as fast press the button you saved the codes too.

and 14 is where I get the problem. It tries to load but it just hangs.

I'll keep trying, I'll post what I find unless someone does it before me.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
here's where your porblem is
13. Turn on your NDS and repeat step 6 (6. in the NDSMode menu, go to "my card" and to the "Gba" folder. Highlight dipstar.ds.gba and Press X. Once X is pressed, you'll get the loady circle and it will be very quick. )
Go to back to the NDSgame menu and Select the game, press A to load, then Hold down the desired button where you saved the codes in...until the Game Loads.

AND here's a minor tweak, for:

QUOTE said:
2. copy dipstar.ds.gba just like a gameboy game in the G6 loader, (dont worry about the .sav)

when you write dipstar.nda.gba as a GBA game, it'll create unncessary files like Save Files, RTS files... you can delete them after, to save space....or you can just drag and drop dipstar.nds.gba to your G6 card from Windows Explorer to anywhere in your G6, preferable GBA folder.

QUOTE5. copy your new "dipped" nds game onto your G6 as normal"

you can use any write method that works for that rom..like Soft Reset, Trim, Dofat..anything except SafeMode (cuz you can't use Linkage in SafeMode)

Golds

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i was doing your added #13 already, just forgot to write it.

now I know I cant use safemode, that helps, I'll try it thanks.

three more questions:

does it matter where I write the codes? when I open up dipstar by holding L, I push the button where I want it to save, I get tons of codes already there. I just put my codes in the first few places

00: 000000000 000000000
01: 000000000 000000000

is this ok, or do I need to write them somewhere else?

how long does it take for a dipped game to load?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
does it matter where I write the codes? when I open up dipstar by holding L, I push the button where I want it to save, I get tons of codes already there. I just put my codes in the first few places?

When I first load up dipstar.nds.gba on my G6, yeah seems there are already some codes in there, not at the top but at the bottom. Not sure if it's meant to be there or some had used the file b4 uploading it cuz the codes that you entered and saved will be saved in dipstar.nds.gba itself....Anyways, you can just hold L + R button for a couple seconds to clear all the codes.

QUOTE said:
00: 000000000 000000000
01: 000000000 000000000

is this ok, or do I need to write them somewhere else?

Like all other cheat softwares..It's Best to start entering codes from the very first line and work your way down line by line.

how long does it take for a dipped game to load?
Depends on what version of dipstar you are using. On 3.3, after the PIE finished Loading, you need to wait for like 12 seconds b4 the Game starts, on 5.12 is around 2-3 seconds.

zeph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never been able to get a game to load with the cheats button pressed.
Brain Age is the only dipped game that'll actually run, and not stay on 2 white screens.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm following every guide to the tee, it's just the same problem all the time. Every game when I load it stays at 2 blank white screens. I think it's a problem with the rom itself, but I could be wrong.

Could you tell me what game you got working and with what codes? Also did you use txt2dip or type them in manually like I did?

Golds

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I typed them in manually.

My biggest problem was using m3dip.exe

what I was doing was writing the rom to the g6 using the manager then going into the g6 and cutting and pasting the newly written xxx.nds file to my desktop then dipping it with m3dip, then copying it back.

when in fact you should just open the G6 u-disk and drag and drop the xxx.nds file from the G6 to m3dip leaving the xxx.nds file on your G6 at all times. That way the dipping wont change the file size of the xxx.nds file. Once I did that it worked great.

I was also using 3.33 ver of dipstar, which probably does not matter.

I think the g6 would run trainers also if you copied all the trainer info directly to the g6 and patched the file inside the udisk after it was written/patched by the g6 manager. But i have not tried this, its just a thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny