Country
United States

AntiPhotonz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just noticed this; as seen in the following vid: [media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jpTOQJ7rJVY[/media]

It says "SNEEK+DI" at the top (at 0:10). Not "UNEEK+DI". So what the heck does this mean?
UNEEK is a different version of SNEEK. It is legit, the video is from crediar's youtube
UNEEK is for USB drives. SNEEK is used with DML to play GC games.
Well DM does load games from the USB so that makes sense.

Anon10W1z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed this; as seen in the following vid: [media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jpTOQJ7rJVY[/media]

It says "SNEEK+DI" at the top (at 0:10). Not "UNEEK+DI". So what the heck does this mean?
UNEEK is a different version of SNEEK. It is legit, the video is from crediar's youtube
UNEEK is for USB drives. SNEEK is used with DML to play GC games.
Well DM does load games from the USB so that makes sense.
SNEEK is for a NAND off the SD card.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My guess would be: it's still called sneek because the emulated NAND is still loaded from SD card. Just loading gamecube games (and wii games?) from USB drive is probably not enough to name the thing uneek.

It's also possible that this is just one of the things that have to be changed for the final version (remember: this is a work in progress).

@[member='AntiPhotonz']: I don't think you get what's the point here. Nobody's denying that this video comes from Crediar. That makes it all the more interesting: why does it say sneek instead of uneek?
EDIT:
@Anon10W1z: that's not entirely impossible, but I doubt it. Crediar has a great resume when it comes on building wii-related programs. Why would he throw away this reputation with a fake video at this time?

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not fake. *NEEK+DI is not a prerequisite, it's just how he's launching it. (BC) On that note you can use UNEEK for DM*L* as well, and if you use the latest DI it'll even pass on the config. (set in compile atm, there's a bug with the menu)
I'm left to infer from this topic that you've gained some suspicions due to the absence of the private beta. The beta will start after E3. If you want something to do until then, 1st partition FAT32, 32K cluster, 'GCReEx' extracted format. If you already have a USB drive working with *NEEK+DI or UNEEK, you'll be good to go.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh look, it's a thread that questions somebody's claim because they haven't provided "proof". Since there's no evidence either way I'm sure this will be yet another fascinating discussion topic full of half-baked facts and theories.

Reactions: 2 people

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dml needed sneek because the di module isn't having an sd driver. So, it couldn't locate the games folder on the sd card in uneek + di.
It's the di module that creates the diconfig.bin file that contains the gamelist.
With the neek overlay menu, you select a game from that list. In case of a gc game, that name is stored in another file (can't remember it's name)
After that, real nand BC is launched, and up you go.

In case of DM, the games are on the usb drive. The uneek di module is perfectly capable of locating them there. So, DM can be used with sneek and with uneek (sneek uses an usb driver buildin the di module to access the usb drive. uneek reroutes the calls to the es module which controls the usb drive as the emulated nand is on it.)

If you have the diconfig.bin game list with the gc games in them, you can even use uneek to launch a game in DML. It's just building that diconfig.bin that isn't working.

If you don't understand the technical background I am trying to explain here, please stop discussing about this. If you disagree with me on the technical part, fell free to try to convince me why.

I guess, while we are all patiently waiting for devolution and DM to come out, this kind of discussions keep us busy.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Depending upon a flag in diconfig.bin, it will (or will not) be rebuild if it detects a different number of games (which it will in uneek since it can't find the gc games on the sd cards) If it rebuilds, the gc games will no longer be in the list, so you can't choose them to run.

The flag can be set and cleared in the neek overlay menu.

There might also be some conditional checks in the source preventing uneek to launch gc games. I might check that out if you intend to give it a try.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed this; as seen in the following vid

It means he runs the emulated nand from SD card and not from USB.

You obviously have no clue about SNEEK/UNEEK if you think that's a reason the video might be fake ...

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative