Dios Mios Reset

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by nonsensebread, Aug 20, 2014.

1. nonsensebread
    OP

nonsensebread Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2014
    Canada
    I was wondering if there was a way to just reset the gamecube game using Dios Mios instead of using the two other shortcuts which reset the Wii or power it off?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    there is the softreset method on gamecube games, i think it is start+b+x (dont remember exactly the combo)

but i found it buggy, sometimes it shuts down the wii, other times it resets to wii menu (and health and safety screen appear black and white) other times it works....

3. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Um... I didn't even know that the DiosMios softreset would reset only the game... it always sent me to the wii menu or turned the wii off for me

4. Gettwobirdsstone

Gettwobirdsstone Triforce Guardian

Jul 1, 2012
    Canada
    Behind you breathing heavily
    Depending on the loader, there should be an option for pad hook, makes it reset when you press R+Z+start, and R+Z+B makes the wii shut down, for more info look here:http://gbatemp.net/threads/gc-loader-settings-usb-loader-gx-dml.340180/, also to have it go back to the loader in the settings go to loader and theres an option called return, change it to loader. Also if you continue to have problem, check out nintendont as an alternative to dios mios, http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    that's not what he asked.
    He already knows the two existing combo:

R+Z+Start = Restart.
    R+Z+B+Down = shut down.

The problem is that Restart doesn't reset the game, it exit the game to return to the loader. (sometime it reset!)
    What he wants is a way to reset the game like on the real hardware, or like on nintendont. R+Z+Start correctly restart (reset) the game without exiting.

There should be 3 combos:
    Reset
    Exit
    Shutdown

6. Gettwobirdsstone

Gettwobirdsstone Triforce Guardian

Jul 1, 2012
    Canada
    Behind you breathing heavily
    My bad, realized this later on in the day. Hopefully he tries Nintendont.