GC Loader Settings (USB loader GX + DML)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Mikesahhh, Dec 30, 2012.

Dec 30, 2012
  1. Mikesahhh
    OP

Newcomer Mikesahhh Mikes

United Kingdom
    Im using usbloader gx 3.0 and my GC games are running fine with DML 2.6 but was looking at the Game Load section in the settings and was curious as to what some of these options do? (I just have them all on Use global)

Video Mode
    Ocarina
    GC Force Interlace
    DML NMM Mode
    DML LED Activity
    DML PAD HOOK
    DML No Disc
    DML Debug

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I don't think your version of USBloaderGX is working fine with DIOS MIOS (Lite) 2.6
    v3.0 work only with DIOS MIOS Lite 1.2 to DIOS MIOS Lite 2.1
    It doesn't work with DIOS MIOS (USB) or with DIOS MIOS Lite (SD) 2.2 or newer.

The settings you have have changed in newer revision of the loader.
    I will list what they are, even if they are not present anymore.

USBLoaderGX v3.0:
    Video Mode Select the video mode (force game region, force console region, force PAL, force NTSC, etc.)
    Ocarina Enable Cheat code ON/OFF
    GC Force Interlace : By default, v3.0 always force the game to render in 480p, but some game doesn't work if they are in progressive mode. You can instead enable this option. It's not "force interlace" but "Stop forcing progressive". Enable= 480i or 576i, Disable=480p
    DML NMM Mode Enable/Disable the "no more memory" setting of DIOS MIOS Lite. It's a memory card emulation (not working with all games)
    DML LED Activity Enable/Disable the Wii light flashing when DIOS MIOS Lite is accessing the SD card.
    DML PAD HOOK Enable/Disable the Buttons combo on the GameCube Controller (R+Z+Start = restart the Wii, R+Z+B = shutdown the wii)
    DML No Disc Not used since DIOS MIOS Lite v1.0. It was used to help some game to work without a disc in the drive. Now games don't need a disc in the drive (except few exception. Recommendation: Always keep a disc in the drive -> Problem solved!)
    DML Debug ON: Enable the use of a debugger (USBgecko) to connect while playing, ON but Started in Pause: Enable the debugger but don't start the game until the debugger is connected. Disable: Always use disable if you are not a developer.

USBLoaderGX Beta version:
    Some setting have changed, some are removed, some are added.

Bold = Same as before
    Green = New
    Orange = change
    red = removed

Video Mode Same as before, but not used by default. This is only used if you select "use game setting" (see below).*
    Game Language : Force a Language for the game (if the game has multiple languages)
    GameCube Mode Select the GameCube loader between DIOS MIOS(Lite) or Devolution.
    GameCube Source: Select if you want to see games only on SD card, only on USB, or AUTO (select the SD or USB automatically depending on the detected version of DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite)
    Ocarina Enable/Disable Cheat code
    DML Video Mode Select the video mode of DIOS MIOS (Lite) between : AUTO (let DIOS MIOS Lite detect the video mode based on the game and your console), OFF (disable the auto detection, and only use the mode of the console), USE Game Setting (Use the "Video mode" choice you selected as first option (see above))
    DML Force Interlace
    DML Progressive Patch Enable/Disable Force 480p video mode.
    DML NMM Mode Enable/Disable the "no more memory" setting of DIOS MIOS Lite. It's a memory card emulation (not working with all games)
    DML LED Activity Enable/Disable the Wii light flashing when DIOS MIOS Lite is accessing the SD card.
    DML PAD HOOK Enable/Disable the Buttons combo on the GameCube Controller (R+Z+Start = restart the Wii, R+Z+B = shutdown the wii)
    DML No Disc
    DML No Disc+ Enable/Disable the extended "noDisc" setting. Only two games need this setting enabled.
    DML Force Widescreen Enable/Disable the Widescreen patch to make the game render in Widescreen (16:9). Doesn't work with all games.
    DML Screenshot Enable/Disable the Screenshot patch to make Screen capture in game (R+Z on Controller connected on Port4)
    DML Japanese Patch Enable/Disable a fix for Japanese Memory Card.
    DML Debug ON: Enable the use of a debugger (USBgecko) to connect while playing, ON but Started in Pause: Enable the debugger but don't start the game until the debugger is connected. Disable: Always use disable if you are not a developer.

Note: Some settings are hidden, depending on the detected version of DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Video modes:
    System default: Always use the region of the console. If the console is NTSC, it will always force the video mode to NTSC (some imported game will not work)
    Disc default: Use the region of the game. If the game is PAL, it will force the video mode to PAL (This is the best choice)
    Force PAL50 : Force PAL 50Hz (576i)
    Force PAL60 : Force PAL 60Hz (480i)
    Force NTSC : Force NTSC 60Hz (480i)
    Region Patch: .... (dunno, it seems it does nothing at all). if used, it will work like the "DML Video Mode: AUTO"
    Force PAL480p : Force PAL 60Hz (480p) AND enable the "Progressive Path" even if you don't enable the "DML Progressive Patch" option
    Force NTSC480p : Force NTSC 60Hz (480p) AND enable the "Progressive Path" even if you don't enable the "DML Progressive Patch" option

3. Mikesahhh
    OP

Newcomer Mikesahhh Mikes

United Kingdom
    Very nice explanations thats exactly what I was after :)
    woops im using DM (USB) not DML so I should be using USBLoaderGX Beta version? do you have a link for that? cant seem to find it on the offical page

4. Mikesahhh
    OP

Newcomer Mikesahhh Mikes

United Kingdom