Homebrew DIOS MIOS makes wii shutdown randomly

ddsds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed DIOS MIOS 2.10v and finally got it to work with my USB Loader GX
r1215
(both the latest versions)​
And i use WD HDD with FAT and 32kb cluster size. And i also have a GC disk inserted just incase.​
The thing is, that sometimes i play for hours with no problems, but sometimes (i think when the wii tries to read from the disk because of the sound it makes) just shutdown.​
And it happens randomly with random games (i'm not sure but i think it happens when the games are loading)​
Any way, i didn't try to test with DML or with other loaders, because as i said sometimes i can play for hours whit no problems.​

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I have never seen a definitive answer to this question apparently it is to do with the USB hdd you use. Try using a USB flash drive or a plug powered usb hdd to see if it solves any problems

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an issue where I would play wind waker, whenever I went off the screen (or got smashed by something or whatever) or drowned where link screams my Wii would shut off. Most other games I tried worked fine though

Most likely issues with DIOS MIOS. but hey, your loading gcn games from your hdd, its going to be buggy
I use a seagate hdd, so its not issues of brand.

fluffynutty93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even getting that far. The farthest I've gone is about a quarter way through the intro sequence that tells you the story. It works fine with Luigi's Mansion (praise Jesus). It loads Sonic Adventure 2 Battle fine (though occasionally I'll just get a black screen), but as soon as I press start the Wii shuts down. I'm using a terabyte WD My Passport, not that I think that matters terribly. I'm hoping this is all just problems on my end and not bugs with the actual program. It seems like most other people do fine with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place