Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Come on guys you really impress me, you talk as if all fucking day you are downloading this files, come on! they are updated from time to time and for god's sake it seems that your life depends to download it inmediately... fuck, the downloads are free and you should be happy with that.
It takes 8 hours to download all the files. That's not "all fucking day", just half of it.

Nobody is stopping you from using crediar's links. Do it as much as you want. Just don't pretend tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website.

I don't know why we should be overjoyed that the downloads are free. It's open source software on googlecode. He can't charge us for the downloads.

1- You've hated on this project from the beggining, that's why I can't take you seriously. I don't know what the hell is your problem with crediar, but if you are not posting anything helpful, stop posting althogether. I respect you from your work in SE GUI, and for helping stfour in postloader, but I don't like that you only post hate messages here.
2- tueidj is a respected coder who made and app to load gamecube games with anti piracy measures, why would he host the other existing gamecube loader if it does allow pirated games? If he wanted to help the fellow, Shouldn't he remove the AP measures in Devolution?
3- Nobody is getting charged with the host, you are just required to wait some time. This is in order to help the developer: crediar got a life to maintain, just look at the emulatemii team, the are working hard but there haven't been an update in over 2 years because they need to maintain a job and a life.We want the development of DIOS MIOS to continue? we should support the coder.

Reactions: 1 person

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why should I need to set up a proxy to get around a roadblock crediar set up?
Because you need to download all files every time?
Because you are impatient and can not wait an hour between each download?
I do not know, I've never used a proxy for download they and did not seem at all uncomfortable the waiting.
So, I have no idea why you complain and why you should need it.
I was clearly exaggerating, but people have been acting like he did something wrong. You even said it was disgusting.
Now that you say that I think I not translated well what I meant, I meant unpleasent/not nice, etc... I am sorry for that.

But still I was referring to the whole mess and even with my bad english I do not see how "disgusting" is like "pretend tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website."

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
1- You've hated on this project from the beggining, that's why I can't take you seriously. I don't know what the hell is your problem with crediar, but if you are not posting anything helpful, stop posting althogether. I respect you from your work in SE GUI, and for helping stfour in postloader, but I don't like that you only post hate messages here.
Actually in the beginning I loved this project, and was awed by it. When crediar started selling updates instead of getting a job, I stopped liking it.

2- tueidj is a respected coder who made and app to load gamecube games with anti piracy measures, why would he host the other existing gamecube loader if it does allow pirated games? If he wanted to help the fellow, Shouldn't he remove the AP measures in Devolution?
Because he doesn't want his program to be a warez loader like DM.

3- Nobody is getting charged with the host, you are just required to wait some time. This is in order to help the developer: crediar got a life to maintain, just look at the emulatemii team, the are working hard but there haven't been an update in over 2 years because they need to maintain a job and a life.We want the development of DIOS MIOS to continue? we should support the coder.
Again, I'm not saying the links should be taken down. I'm just saying that what tueidj did wasn't wrong.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now that you say that I think I not translated well what I meant, I meant unpleasent/not nice, etc... I am sorry for that.
But still I was referring to the whole mess and even with my bad english I do not see how "disgusting" is like "pretend tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website."
For further reference:
In my book "disgusting" is A LOT closer to "unspeakable" than to "not nice" or even "unpleasant".
But otoh I'm no native speaker either.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow, I expected people to get pissed but I can't believe people are actually THAT pissed about crediar's decision to use a one-click host for the downloads. It's funny to me because nobody demands direct download links and complains when someone uploads an ISO to a file host on some shady site, but apparently it's a dick move to use one-click hosts for legal files. Then again, abusing legal files on mediafire to secure income from one's own links is subject for being a dick move as well.

Reactions: 2 people

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj is a respected coder who made and app to load gamecube games with anti piracy measures, why would he host the other existing gamecube loader if it does allow pirated games? If he wanted to help the fellow, Shouldn't he remove the AP measures in Devolution?

Nobody is getting charged with the host, you are just required to wait some time. This is in order to help the developer: crediar got a life to maintain, just look at the emulatemii team, the are working hard but there haven't been an update in over 2 years because they need to maintain a job and a life.We want the development of DIOS MIOS to continue? we should support the coder.

^ This, both Crediar and tueidj are respectful coders, wither you like one over the other is another story but at the end of the day they both done great stuff!

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i load up a compressed iso, it just loads the game in the disc drive :/
Any ideas on a fix?
Can anyone help me on this?
Are your compressed games in a folder called "games" in the root of the device, with one folder per game?
Are you using DM 2.2 for USB or DML 2.2 for SD?
Is the game not working according to the compatibility list?
Do you have your paths correctly set in your loader?

tankberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, just wanted to ask about minor glitch which i see with dml 2.2. When i load an iso from cfg loader or dm booter i see dios-mios logo and a little part of the logo is corrupted. I see a green line in the right lower corner (runs trough os letters). Tried to reinstall dml wad but it didn't fix the glitch. Games runs just fine btw, Only DML logo on boot screen is corrupted. Do i need to worry or is it fine like so?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, I expected people to get pissed but I can't believe people are actually THAT pissed about crediar's decision to use a one-click host for the downloads. It's funny to me because nobody demands direct download links and complains when someone uploads an ISO to a file host on some shady site, but apparently it's a dick move to use one-click hosts for legal files. Then again, abusing legal files on mediafire to secure income from one's own links is subject for being a dick move as well.
LOL, i had a deja vous here... can anybody remember what a past dev. of Wiiflow did? Something with adfly, anybody?
Maybe it is time to let it rest now...we can't do anything about it.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, just wanted to ask about minor glitch which i see with dml 2.2. When i load an iso from cfg loader or dm booter i see dios-mios logo and a little part of the logo is corrupted. I see a green line in the right lower corner (runs trough os letters). Tried to reinstall dml wad but it didn't fix the glitch. Games runs just fine btw, Only DML logo on boot screen is corrupted. Do i need to worry or is it fine like so?

The splash screen shows up cropped on my TV and I get the green line sometimes before the games start, sometimes when I use Wii apps as well, I believe this is normal and as long the games run fine then I think it's fair to tell you not to worry!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't get why the program isn't available for download anymore.
Please lighten me up. What are you talking about?
Have you even clicked those links (to the same page) yourself or read my entire post?

It says "be the first to donate to DIOS MIOS by Crediar".

I obviously clicked those links as it was me that posted them and I would not have posted them if I didn't read your entire post. When I click them I didn't get the "be the first to donate to DIOS MIOS by Crediar" message, but I get this:
2vdgwt5.png

And those links are all uploaded.to links (ul.to) where people can get those files you claim people can't get anymore.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Initially I didn't want to do this because I support the idea of supporting developers with some beer money. But seeing that legal files were abused unlawfully (and mediafire too stupid to check the files) I have compiled all downloads from the DIOS MIOS downloads page except for DiscEx, GCReEx and gci2nmm to a package and uploaded it to mediafire (yes, mediafire). Why waste own VPS bandwidth for a foreign product when you can use good file hosters that have no restrictions?

Sep.3rd
http://www.mediafire.com/?4w9jem0gtk52989

Now see if you dare to abuse this.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I obviously clicked those links as it was me that posted them and I would not have posted them if I didn't read your entire post. When I click them I didn't get the "be the first to donate to DIOS MIOS by Crediar" message, but I get this:
2vdgwt5.png

And those links are all uploaded.to links (ul.to) where people can get those files you claim people can't get anymore.

O RLY? This message begs to differ. Those who use paid services with large bandwidth restrictions can piss up a rope. At least WiiBricker has the balls to use a GOOD upload service.

failhostisfail.jpg

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on a fix?
Are your compressed games in a folder called "games" in the root of the device, with one folder per game?
Yes to all of them. USB version. It used to work with one game, now it doesnt work with any games, and when i try the game that i know works it just went to the game in the disc drive

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Any ideas on a fix?
Yes to all of them. USB version. It used to work with one game, now it doesn't work with any games, and when i try the game that i know works it just went to the game in the disc drive
Which loader are you using for it (GX, CFG, WiiFlow, DM(L) Booter?) and when it worked before, was that before re-installing or updating or have you made any other changes since then?

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on a fix?
Yes to all of them. USB version. It used to work with one game, now it doesn't work with any games, and when i try the game that i know works it just went to the game in the disc drive
Which loader are you using for it (GX, CFG, WiiFlow, DM(L) Booter?) and when it worked before, was that before re-installing or updating or have you made any other changes since then?
I am using postloader and then using the DM or DML Booter from homebrew channel (whichever one is the USB one) and I havent done anything update wise since it worked. but I did update postLoader from the in-app updater but thats it, no wad updates or uninstallations or any of that

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I am using postloader and then using the DM or DML Booter from homebrew channel (whichever one is the USB one) and I havent done anything update wise since it worked. but I did update postLoader from the in-app updater but thats it, no wad updates or uninstallations or any of that
Okay, I don't keep up with Postloader but last I checked, there WAS an option to indicate what version of DM(L) you have installed but they were PLANNING to remove the setting and have it only support DM(L) v2.2.
(This error usually means the loader is trying to run DM(L) as if it were a different version)

I can see two possibilities (kinda guessing here):
  1. You had an older version of PostLoader from before DM(L) v2.2 without the setting. When you update, the new version defaults the setting to v2.2+ the first time. All you'd have to do is change it.
  2. You had the version with the setting I mentioned earlier but you already had the setting set to the older boot method for BEFORE DM(L) v2.2 and you updated to a newer version that no longer supports older versions of DM(L). You would have to update DM(L) to v2.2 in that case (Which would also fix situation #1)
(One way or the other, I'd ask on the PostLoader thread to see if the newest version available by the in-app update feature is still compatible with older DM(L) versions and if so, where the setting is to fix that.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?