Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
The only remaining file in diosmios google code page downloads is a png image.

http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/downloads/list?can=1&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount

I have an uploaded.net account so it does'nt matter to me where crediar host his files and if he wants to make some money with his work it's ok. The download links are there, the files are there.. the download restriction I know its annoying but its easy to bypass with a proxy or Tor browser. I'll continue to download the next releases no matter the host; DIOS MIOS is a fantastic project and if I like to use it I'll grab the original files with the up to date releases.

Reactions: 1 person

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know what you smoked but I still seeing the links there:
http://code.google.c.../Downloads?tm=2
Not a single one of those links goes to google code.
They all go to some craphoster that wants you to pay for bad service (instead of total shit).

Which is effing retarded if you ask me. Man, all this hosting sure has all gone to hell at this point.

I have half a mind to download all these files and use my mediafire account, but why would I want to sink to his level?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of immature:
There, just downloaded my third of the day.
well im sure he know how to build you a nice little tar pit

I too think tueidjs motives are less than reputable and I don't particularly like that fact.
But the actions by itself are ok imho.
There, another one. This one's dedicated to you. :P

My point is, it's not a big deal to get your downloads from there.
Not all files get updated at the same time, so you will usually only have to download one. If you (as in generic "you") need more, then just wait it out. If you can't wait, then you probably need to get out more.

If this helps him get some money, I don't see an issue with it, after the fantastic work he has done and shared with everyone.
This is my last reply on this subject, and it's perhaps one too many. This thread needs to get back to DIOS MIOS support and discussion. Another one could be opened for philosophical debates.

Reactions: 2 people

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
This is getting disgusting...

If you appreciate all the work Crediar has done for "you"
then, you download his files from his google code page
is the least you can do to show their respects/support for his work.
I couldn't agree with you more bro. So what if he's hosting them with a sharehost? If you like Dios Mios and hope for its development then support what he's doing and download from his legit download links, not from a mirror someone feels like hosting, over something he deems is the, "right thing to do". That's bullcrap there's nothing wrong with what Crediar is doing.

So again, if u support like Dios-Mios and hope for further development, then please support by donating or download from his links on google code only. Just choose whatever method works for u to bypass the sharehosters limitations if you're in a hurry to d/load more than one file :-)

Reactions: 7 people

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to point out, if you wanna download more than one file and don't want/have time to wait you can always use this http://rapid8.com/ really it's no big deal, the downloads are still free anyway so there's no harm in crediar getting donations like that, it's still a lot cheaper than having to buy one of those memory crads that allow to run GC games or buy GC disks from ebay and having to fix the laser everytime it wears off... assuming they have repair shops in your area!

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I do not know what you smoked but I still seeing the links there:
http://code.google.c.../Downloads?tm=2
Not a single one of those links goes to google code.
They all go to some craphoster that wants you to pay for bad service (instead of total shit).

Which is effing retarded if you ask me. Man, all this hosting sure has all gone to hell at this point.

I have half a mind to download all these files and use my mediafire account, but why would I want to sink to his level?
It wouldn't help anyway, he'd just get them removed.

This is getting disgusting...

If you appreciate all the work Crediar has done for "you"
then, you download his files from his google code page
is the least you can do to show their respects/support for his work.
I couldn't agree with you more bro. So what if he's hosting them with a sharehost? If you like Dios Mios and hope for its development then support what he's doing and download from his legit download links, not from a mirror someone feels like hosting, over something he deems is the, "right thing to do". That's bullcrap there's nothing wrong with what Crediar is doing.
That doesn't mean it's wrong for tueidj to host a mirror.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say it again, yes tueidj can technically host them elsewhere but it's a dick move considering crediar asked them not to be. Can't you just stick with your own project, tueidj?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll say it again, yes tueidj can technically host them elsewhere but it's a dick move considering crediar asked them not to be. Can't you just stick with your own project, tueidj?
It's not like crediar made DM from scratch or on his own. Besides, hosting files has nothing to do with "sticking with your own project." It's not like he's modifying them.

If crediar had included DiscEx with the DM/DML downloads, that might be different, but he is making everyone wait an hour in between downloads.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Come on guys you really impress me, you speak as if all fucking day you are downloading this files, come on! they are updated from time to time and for god's sake it seems that your life depends to download it inmediately... fuck, the downloads are free and you should be happy with that.

And they have said that you use proxys or others to make a second download (or more) inmediately... so, nobody can say somebody need to wait an hour.

Reactions: 2 people

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Come on guys you really impress me, you talk as if all fucking day you are downloading this files, come on! they are updated from time to time and for god's sake it seems that your life depends to download it inmediately... fuck, the downloads are free and you should be happy with that.
It takes 8 hours to download all the files. That's not "all fucking day", just half of it.

Nobody is stopping you from using crediar's links. Do it as much as you want. Just don't pretend tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website.

I don't know why we should be overjoyed that the downloads are free. It's open source software on googlecode. He can't charge us for the downloads.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It takes 8 hours to download all the files. That's not "all fucking day", just half of it.
actually one third of it... and the solution for your dilemma:
And they have said that you use proxys or others to make a second download (or more) inmediately... so, nobody can say somebody need to wait an hour.
-------------------------------------------------------
....Just don't pretend tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website.
Do not put words in my mouth kid.
Tell me where I "pretend" that?: "tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website".

I don't know why we should be overjoyed that the downloads are free. It's open source software on googlecode. He can't charge us for the downloads.
I've never said that he can charge for the downloads somehow.
but the fact is why you complain?
if It's free.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
actually one third of it...
I try to get a little sleep now and then. and the solution for your dilemma:
Why should I need to set up a proxy to get around a roadblock crediar set up?

....Just don't pretend tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website.
Do not put words in my mouth kid.
Tell me where I "pretend" that?: "tueidj is doing some unspeakable act by having them on his website".
I was clearly exaggerating, but people have been acting like he did something wrong. You even said it was disgusting.

I've never said that he can charge for the downloads somehow.
but the fact is why you complain?
if It's free.
The price has nothing to do with the complaints.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They just don't have social etiquette...

Anyway, does the current host give more money than whatever site "ModMii" uses to make money from (I think it's linkbucks)? If not, maybe switching to that site might solve the problem some people have?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
They just don't have social etiquette...

Anyway, does the current host give more money than whatever site "ModMii" uses to make money from (I think it's linkbucks)? If not, maybe switching to that site might solve the problem some people have?
Linkbucks doesn't even give you one penny per click.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@