Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Skraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Previous problems - I used quote to give you a notification.

From the very start I've been using CFG USB Loader and it's the best thing I could find. It don't bark at me and don't pile up problems. Try the latest CFG MOD which supports DM(L) http://code.google.c.../downloads/list In the options you have to specify which version of DM(L) are you using, otherwise it WILL try to copy a game to SD because the default setting is DML (SD) instead of DM (USB). It loads the games perfectly, I never had any problems with any DM(L) versions (on default settings in loader), when I had the problems it turned out to be a bad dump, after getting correct one it booted games fine. NMM also must be enabled (it is disabled by default) and works for me (I only tested it on a few games, I prefer real Mem Card). Put the folder with converted game to USB:\games\[folder_created_by_discex] also I never compressed or did anything to the iso except for compulsory conversion. Trust me it works flawlessly.

Someone asked about ripping save games from Nintendo Mem Cards - from what I can tell there are great problems with 1-st party cards. We tried, on our local forum, to rip few saves from original cards and we had no luck whatsoever. Homebrew either didn't see the card or gave "unsupported device" error. We had to copy games to 3-rd party Mem Card first and only then we could rip it to SD.

Reactions: 1 person

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I tried USB Loader GX as well.

Prince of Persia TTT shows a green screen after the dios mios logo.
Animal Crossing also results in a green screen immediately after the dios mios logo.

Dunno where the issue is :(

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone asked about ripping save games from Nintendo Mem Cards - from what I can tell there are great problems with 1-st party cards. We tried, on our local forum, to rip few saves from original cards and we had no luck whatsoever. Homebrew either didn't see the card or gave "unsupported device" error. We had to copy games to 3-rd party Mem Card first and only then we could rip it to SD.
My first suggestion to back-up with official ninty men-cards is an SD Gecko and SWISS, 100% compatibility there. You can also use CTR-GCS Daco Taco edition 0.2b but make sure u unlock the MC first by going into data management in Wii Settings and looking at your files then launch the app.

tommyv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't Know if is an issue with DM 2.2 or USB loader GX but Baldur's gate Dark Alliance works with DM 2.0 but no longer works with DM 2.2

EDIT: my mistake, after tyiing the latest USB loare GX (1200) is working again.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm confused about Discex and GCReEx. I'm either ripping my discs using USB Loader GX or DL-ing the games from the interweb, and just renaming the ISO, game.iso, and they all work. What's the point of these iso tools.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm been debating on updating to this. i still use my sd card.( first release of dmlv59 i think.). all my games work fine. wanted to wait a while to do it. so my question is. is this thing stable.
been seeing a lot of "still stuck/gets stuck on loading screen." an if this doesn't work better, is there a problem with going backwards.
haven't done a full system update in a while. an by while like last september.( almost two years.).

senorspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is dios mios lite discontinued ? because i would prefer to play my gamecube games off of my sd card but i only attempted to switch to dios mios 2.2 which i cant get to work for the life of me, only because it can play phantasy star online 1+2. is an updated verson of dios mios lite ever going to come out that can play phantasy star online ?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ What tool use you to build neek?
Where have you the emunand?
Does in the USB or SD?

Here works fine, with uneek2o+DI(of DM2.2)+BCof DM2.2

i use sneek installer to build sneek
My emunand is in the SD (^sneek+di)
He is not the only one tmv_josue...
Me and a few others have the same problem with neek2o..

It is to my opinion (and not only mine) a DM 2.2 problem with certain wii's.
Overjoy build another neek version of DM 2.2, that seems to work, the DM logo is visible but games will still not start.

Anyway...maybe somebody can report it on #DM on EFNET?
PS. i won't do it because i got kicked before asking about DM when it leaked the first time.

Toondy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, i installed this, and it works really fine, i love it, but, i have a problem with Super Mario Strikers (USA) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (USA); when i complete a cup in Strikers, the Wii freezes with a annoying sound. (like a whistle, or whatever). And in Melee; in the Event Match 47 (the Majora's Mask one) when i select character for 2nd or 3rd time, same thing happens. (freeze and the sound).

Someone else have this problem?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm been debating on updating to this. i still use my sd card.( first release of dmlv59 i think.). all my games work fine. wanted to wait a while to do it. so my question is. is this thing stable.
been seeing a lot of "still stuck/gets stuck on loading screen." an if this doesn't work better, is there a problem with going backwards.
haven't done a full system update in a while. an by while like last september.( almost two years.).
You don't need any system update, so no need to go backward (in system wise).

You can install DIOS MIOS (it will overwrite the previous MIOS, so it will replace your DIOS MIOS Lite).
To "go back", just install another DIOS MIOS (Lite) and it will replace it. that's all.

Update your loader to the latest beta revision to be sure to have one working with latest version of DIOS MIOS.
Most loaders have a setting where you NEED to specify which version of DIOS MIOS (Lite) is installed, or else the settings will not work and it will try to launch the disc in the drive instead of the ISO.

About stability:
I think it's very stable (once launched).
Most games are working fine.
I think the main problem is that users are not setting it correctly (wrong loader/DM version/settings/video settings).

The only real problem users are having might be a problem with detecting their hard drives, resulting in what they call blackscreen. (I can see that it's a HDD detection problem for me, there are logs on my USBGecko seeing that the drive is reseted in loop).
I often have DIOS MIOS shutting down my Wii too.
Just try again few times and it will work.

If it's bothering you, you can use DML instead, the main update with DM is the force widescreen setting (and USB access of course). few fixes are done too, like padhook/Extended noDisc setting for few games.

Reactions: 1 person

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why doesnt dios mios run on my hdd with 1tb i made a partition and all what are the requirements for dios mios 2.2 to work?

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why doesnt dios mios run on my hdd with 1tb i made a partition and all what are the requirements for dios mios 2.2 to work?

I'm not sure but I don't think you can format 1TB with 32KB clusters (and only 512byte sector size is supported).
1099511627776 (1TB) / (32 * 1024 * 512) = 65536

and I think 65535 is the max number.

i made a new partition with 32 gb and i tried formating it to 512byte but it says its to small

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol