Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

demoniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try Dios Mios Booter. Works with lots of Pal Games perfectly on 480p. Wiiflow is not as good to launch gamecube games. Dios Mios Booter works much better!
...both are coded by me, and both use the same code, so that post is not really correct :P

Yes but Dios Mios Booter works much better on my Pal Wii. More needed options, more Video Options (needed when playing in 480p or 720p (the patched 480p is missing and needed for Luigis Mansion f.e., Wiiflow makes Codedumps with new diosmios 2.2 Rev and ... For Wii Games Wiiflow is great but for GameCube Games its far beyond your own Dios Mios Booter. Thats my opinion. So more games work perfectly with dios mios booter in 480p and 720p upzoomed then with wiiflow.... Maybe the next wiiflow update has all the options from Dios Mios Booter but I don`t know :). But I don`t know if there is already a new version out...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but for GameCube Games its far beyond your own Dios Mios Booter
Lol, thats not really true, the 480p mode of wiiflow is automatically patched, also in the wiiflow.ini you can control if you want the dm setting none, auto or force, so everything you need.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok tested NTSC version of Mario Golf = worked first time! PAL version will not boot on my PAL console no matter what. tested on DM 2.2 v3 wiiflowmod r615

I'll check when I get home from work but I'm sure the version I have is PAL.
Its weird man, my PAL version would not boot for blood, sweat or tears or anything, but low and behold the NTSC rip I download works first time :) strange :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard the pal rev only works with DM setting "None", therefore open up your wiiflow.ini and change the option "video_setting" in DML section to 0.

demoniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have identical compatibility using wiiflow r615 against dm booter r30.

OK. Then there is a new version. Im on 590 so try the new version today at the evening...

Ok and also look at the Wii Flow ini then today evening if it has all the needed options of Dios Mios Booter...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard the pal rev only works with DM setting "None", therefore open up your wiiflow.ini and change the option "video_setting" in DML section to 0.

I already checked that and it was set to 0.

The PAL version hung black screen just before the "select progressive scan" screen, whereas the NTSC version doesnt hang.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try with DMbooter or GX r1200 then and see if it works.

Other users have this problem too?
Maybe it's another file access problem, like it was from Luigi's Mansion USA only.
A Gecko log would be great.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well,I have to ask again...

I cannot boot Animal Crossing PAL using DM 2.2 (latest update)...The game always displays a green screen. The DM compatibility list says that the game is fully playable,so I guess I am doing something wrong. Has anyone managed to play PAL Animal Crossing without problems?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The PAL version is quite funny, because it just contains several copies of the game, each in another language :P You either extract the game and then the tgc of your language or you play it from the original iso and a disc in drive. I would highly suggest you to just extract the tgc of your language ;)

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah! Here's the topic, I couldn't find it! :)

Well I have a problem I even made topic for it!

http://gbatemp.net/topic/331240-dios-mios-not-working-fatal-error/

My DIOS MIOS crashes(see pics in thread) when I want to launch any game which is compatible according to the list. Can anyone help me? The topic contains all the information I have at the moment.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The PAL version is quite funny, because it just contains several copies of the game, each in another language :P You either extract the game and then the tgc of your language or you play it from the original iso and a disc in drive. I would highly suggest you to just extract the tgc of your language ;)

I tried using GC-Tool but I cannot understand how to do it...Can you tell me step by step,please?

dhwz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I already checked that and it was set to 0.

The PAL version hung black screen just before the "select progressive scan" screen, whereas the NTSC version doesnt hang.

I'm 100% sure its working, try DM-booter an set video patching to NONE. And there is no progressive scan screen.
But its also working fine with GX r1200.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried using GC-Tool but I cannot understand how to do it...Can you tell me step by step,please?
As you already did, use GC-Tool to open up the ISO file, you'll see a "tgc" folder, expand it and then right click on the tgc file of your language choice, click extract file and let it extract. Next get tgctogcm from here and drag and drop the tgc file into the tgctogcm.exe, you should get a gcm file with the same name, you can convert it then using the regular tools, you know, discex, gcreex, etc.

Reactions: 1 person

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As you already did, use GC-Tool to open up the ISO file, you'll see a "tgc" folder, expand it and then right click on the tgc file of your language choice, click extract file and let it extract. Next get tgctogcm from here and drag and drop the tgc file into the tgctogcm.exe, you should get a gcm file with the same name, you can convert it then using the regular tools, you know, discex, gcreex, etc.
Thank you so much!!!!
I have one last question.I did everything you told me but when I drag and drop the tgc file into the tgtogcm.exe, the screen flashes just like it is about to open a DOS window and then nothing happens.Any idea why is this happening?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much!!!!
I have one last question.I did everything you told me but when I drag and drop the tgc file into the tgtogcm.exe, the screen flashes just like it is about to open a DOS window and then nothing happens.Any idea why is this happening?
Hm, may open up a dos window then and enter "tgctogcm filename.tgc filename.gcm", where filename is of course the name of the tgc file.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you so much!!!!
Hm, may open up a dos window then and enter "tgctogcm filename.tgc filename.gcm", where filename is of course the name of the tgc file.
Unfortunately,nothing happens.... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...